Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Yield Operations Manager (Media Partnerships Manager III , eComm)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD726724
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Job
In this leadership role, the Sr. Yield Operations Manager will manage a team of 4-6 associates that handles day-to-day yield decisions, pricing, deals and discounts, evaluation of inventory volume, rollout of rate cards while partnering closely with Sales Ops, Sales, Ad Ops/Rev Ops and the Analytics team in ensuring maximum budget fulfillment, creation and review of media plans and packages, and advising direct Sales on what we can fulfill. The successful candidate will excel at making decisions and dealing with ambiguity. They will give their inputs on the Annual Operating Plan and the Long-Range Planning (LRP) of the business. They will also participate in Weekly/Quarterly business reviews with stakeholders being the Walmart Connect Leadership and other Directors across all functions. Strong oral and written communications skills are a must to thrive in this role in addition to problem-solving, analytical reasoning, prioritization and handling ambiguity.
The key focus areas for the Sr. Yield Operations Manager are:
- Ownership of pricing for all our offerings including Owned and Operated Inventory, DSP, seasonal and micro event packages, in-store offerings such as TV Wall and Self-Checkout
- Own inventory management including forecasting and monitoring inventory for Categories and Advertisers
- Deploy best practices for managing inventory, exceptions and makegoods
- Risk mitigation strategy for under-delivery of campaigns
- Strong understanding of Yield Key Performance Indicators and the levers that drive them
- Leverage campaign performance data to analyze and identify new ways to maximize ad revenue and provide actionable recommendations to Sales teams to hit goals
- Lead Advertiser trends, performance, and action-oriented metric reviews with internal teams (revenue, impressions, clicks by Advertiser/campaigns)
- Ability to create media benefits for upfront commitment programs
- Test tactics through experiments (A/B simulation) and drives GTM
- Strive towards simplifying media booking and reservation process
- Lead negotiations on pricing with clients that lead multi-million dollar investments
- Work with Sales and Sales Ops to identify potential areas of opportunities and risks with contracts and connect those with financial impact
- Own the enforcement of policies and processes related to makegoods, pricing, and discounts
- Work with Sales Ops and Sales to define the process in managing premium inventory bookings while working with Tools teams to build automated solutions
- Work with the Analytics and Tools teams to build operational and revenue models that show the impact of the Yield Ops strategies
- Partner closely with Sales Strategy, Yield Analytics and the Optimization leads towards launching new offerings
- Consistently showcase opportunities for selling/upselling to Sales Industry Managers as well as the broader Sales team
- Mentor and coach the Yield Operations Managers to create a high-performance team that delivers consistently
- 7+ years of progressive media analytics experience in a digital advertising environment
- Excellent communicator, across multiple levels/functions with the ability to influence and drive action
- Ability to present complex topics to Walmart Connect leadership
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly and easily
- Strong working knowledge of Ad network/Ad exchange/DSP/SSP/Publisher
- Proven track record of partnering with Sales, Sales Ops, and Ad Ops to achieve yield optimization results
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, experience with financial analysis, forecasting and modeling
- Experience in developing monetization strategies, inventory optimization, and campaign management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup like environment
- Excellent time management skills with a focus on execution, ability to juggle multiple urgent requests and prioritize responsibilities
- Familiarity with CRM and AdTech systems (Salesforce, DFP, Google Ads Manager, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
About Walmart Connect
Walmart Connect is a key part of Walmart’s core business activity and competitive advantage in the extremely competitive e-commerce/online commerce landscape of USA. We plan to stand up a capability to offer what no one else can in the marketplace: a direct connection to hundreds of millions of Walmart shoppers to our advertising partners to reach relevant shoppers.
We help our advertising partners to:
- Launch a new product
- Educate shoppers on key product benefits
- Drive online or in-store sales
- Acquire new customers
- Retain current customers
- Gain actionable insights about your customers
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor degree in business or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience in related field, Leading teams
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth