Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Operations, Ecomm (Driver Engagement- Last Mile Delivery)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD726722
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do
As a Manager II, Operations in Driver Engagement for Last Mile Delivery, you will work and grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers and drivers. We provide the access to the tools and support you need to be your best version. This is that place. This is Walmart.
Last Mile Delivery works on fulfilling customer demand for everything in the store at the comfort of the home. We want our customers to have every option available to shop for their needs: wherever, whenever, and however they want it. We are leveraging technology we have within our company and managing partnerships as needed to give our customers the convenience they want when shopping.
Our Last Mile Delivery programs are a critical part of our business, as a Manager II, Operations, you will collaborate with a high-energy team to build new products, processes, and services to fulfill the last mile delivery space that will scale across the country.
We trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping to become the biggest player in the game. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, Manager II, Operations at Walmart is potentially the perfect fit for you.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if
- You have experience in Field Ops/Last Mile Delivery/Process Design/Project Management
- You have a deep knowledge of the gig industry and the marketplace economy
- You have expert analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- You are action oriented with strong execution skills
- You are able to tell a story with data to convince stakeholders of a decision
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You’re comfortable with shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment
- You’re structured in your thinking process and have strong problem-solving skills
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing and executing on processes that will build and shape the massive driver supply for the Spark Driver product
- Utilizing day to day operational levers (incentives, hiring, communications, etc.) to balance the marketplace dynamics and ensure customers, drivers, and stores are mutually benefitted
- Analyzing and interpreting information by using various analytical methodologies for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency
- Translating data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives to meet business goals
- Managing the development and improvement of new and existing operational tools, reports, and customer-facing functionality by providing direction and input on business and functional requirements
- Leading cross-functional collaboration to develop processes and strategies to improve Spark driver engagement by partnering with product management, merchandising, engineering, and other groups to drive projects
- Building engagement initiatives to ensure Spark Driver is the platform of choice for delivery drivers
- Understanding and investigating driver concerns and partnering with cross functional teams to drive continuous improvements
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer, driver, and operational needs
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
- Helping stakeholders prioritize and track short term and long-term driver engagement initiatives
- Promoting team culture by engaging in activities that support company values, culture, diversity, learning and development
- 3 – 6 years of experience in areas of operations management and/or business strategy at a fast-growing tech company/start-up or management consulting at a top-tier firm
- MBA strongly preferred
- Project Management - Project Management Professional – Certification
- Operations management experience within the gig industry
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong experience with Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations, or related field and 3 years of experience in an Operations, Project Management, Strategy or related position
OR 5 years of experience in Operations, Project Management, Business Strategy or related area.
- Experience in building and implementing processes from scratch
- Ability to create and adapt presentations to the relevant audience
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth