Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Packaging
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD720704
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manager II, Packaging
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
The Private Brand Packaging team is looking for an up-and-coming packaging subject matter expert. Someone who has an eye for design and a passion for sustainability. Someone who knows the ins and outs of omnichannel supply chains and who can roll up their sleeves on global packaging projects.
About Private Brand Packaging –
The Walmart US Private Brand Packaging team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of packaging. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, product development, supply chain, packaging and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
You’ll make an impact by . . .
- Supporting omnichannel packaging optimization – deep- diving packaging components with internal teams and suppliers for continuous improvement, margin enhancement and material reduction
- Working with cross functional teams to identify areas of opportunity for packaging or introducing innovative packaging solutions
- Maintaining accurate specifications for packaging materials and procedures.
- Developing sustainable packaging solutions for an omnichannel supply chain – reducing shipping costs, ensuring undamaged product, and minimizing waste for consumers.
- Continually finding ways to drive cost out of packaging and reduce defectives.
- Developing new packaging innovations that unlock value for the customer and new areas of opportunity for the company.
- Leading and coordinating design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal packaging solutions.
- Developing test procedures to validate packaging using simulated distribution.
- Evaluating vendor prototypes and providing improvements/suggestions or alternative solutions
- Advising senior management on the latest packaging trends and optimal solutions.
- Providing technical support for root cause analysis of customer complaints related to packaging.
You’ll really wow us if . . .
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and able to bring structure to it
- You’re passionate about solving complex problems
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You can work with details, but also see the big picture
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You’re data-driven and a strategic thinker
- B.S. Degree in Packaging Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience in packaging development, product marketing or new product development.
- Experience with end-to-end packaging design and development
- 2-5 years designing sustainable packaging solutions
- In-depth knowledge of standard industry practices in packaging
- Knowledge and experience with various substrates such as folding cartons and corrugated, design and production of prototypes, and new product development
- Understanding of packaging qualification practices and standards, and experience meeting production supply chain, product fulfillment, transportation, and merchant requirements.
- Hands-on project leadership experience
- Experience managing local and international packaging suppliers.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English , or related field and 4 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in marketing, branding, packaging, retail, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand Management, Microsoft Office, Supervising AssociatesMasters: English, Masters: Marketing
Primary Location...203 SE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth