Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Director I, Creative
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD719413
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Director I, Creative
Oversees the development and deployment of a complex annual budget by developing the annual budget within the areas of travel, samples, and outside services (for example, trend services, freelance artists, artwork purchases and attend domestic and international key market design shows) to build recommendations for leadership approval; consulting with merchant leadership to align on strategy; and managing expenses and adapting the budget throughout the year as business needs, marketplace, and customer behavior change.
Oversees the development and direction of brand, portfolio alignment, and creative design strategies by utilizing team expertise and knowledge to develop relevant artwork; delivering consistent brand positioning, communication, and best-in-class customer experience; directing initiatives that gather and leverage customer insights, competitive market trends, and creative designs to improve competitive brand and assortment strategies; analyzing and communicating design, show, and market trends to cross-functional business partners (for example, Merchandising, Product Development, Global Sourcing); directing collaboration with the Legal Department to address significant opportunities pertaining to agreements; directing initiatives to meet customer needs, style preferences, and quality of assortment within proprietary brands; facilitating and ensuring communication of trends and designs between business units and global product development teams to drive consistency in brand positioning;
Oversees the development of trend direction and creative design by driving initiatives and activities for team and external partners to efficiently research trend direction and creative design (for example, multiple levels of retail markets, domestic and international shows, and trend services); consulting and building relationships with business leaders (for example, internal merchants, Product Development, Marketing, suppliers and external partners) to leverage all resources for trend and creative development; consulting and building relationships with merchant leaders to influence and align on strategic objectives; and driving the communication of trend and creative direction across multiple business units including international markets.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Textiles, Fashion, Graphic Design, or related field and 7 years’ experience in textile design, print design, graphic design, or related field OR 9 years’ experience in textile design, print design, graphic design, or related field. 2 years’ supervisory experience. 2 years’ experience working with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or related graphic design software.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Product Development, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth