Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Technical Project Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD714676
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages multiple, highly complex eCommerce projects in line with overall strategic objectives by driving projects through the lifecycle phases to successful completion as defined in project's charter; serving as the project team lead (for example, scrum master); developing and maintaining a project schedule to track milestones; developing and executing plans for managing risk; escalating project-related issues to management in according to project guidelines and requirements; providing project status reports to stakeholders and management; managing project change control processes; coordinating production issue resolution; interpreting data to help guide teams towards issue resolution and risk management; and making recommendations regarding solutions to problems or issues.
- Manage project budget; provide updates and communicate needed changes to project budget; define annual operating plan and long-range plan implications in conjunction with Financial Management; assist with managing portfolios financial plan, forecast, and spend; and enhance vendor negotiation position by providing targeted product rationalization information.
- Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and
management on methodology and practice.
- Develops project management practices by adhering to the principles of project management methodologies(for example, Agile); promoting the principles and business value of the project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and improvement of project management methodologies; leading lessons learned meetings; and participating in established feedback channels.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in customer/stakeholder meetings through presentation and influence. Articulate results/recommendations in a structured manner using relevant data. Understand basics of programming languages, frameworks, and tools used for the projects to have informed discussions. Comprehend basic quality measures, standards, and success measures for acceptance criteria.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000 + software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 8 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...8TH AND J STREETS, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth