Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Product Management (Tech)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD708188
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Walmart Fulfillment Services team is looking for a strong product leader to drive operational excellence across our tech. This role's mission is to prevent systems defects (bugs, design flaws, outages, etc.) from ever impacting the seller experience - through defect elimination and early detection. As the product lead overseeing operational excellence, you'll collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify problems and define and implement scalable solutions that eliminate root causes. You'll obsess over the seller experience, deliver results with urgency, and influence a matrix of partners to raise the bar on that experience for new and existing technologies.
In this role you will identify critical performance indicators, business outcomes, and align the execution plans of all key stakeholders and teams to ensure the product achieves its desired goals. You will apply a general management perspective and problem-solving approach, will be agile and able to apply the right frameworks, operating cadence, and business analysis & acumen to the product roadmap. As such, you will be able to identify key risks, dependencies, and work with the requisite teams to put solutions in place that will achieve the product outcomes.
This Senior Product Manager will be skilled at engaging and communicating to senior executives across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across product management and engineering, strategy, merchant technology, retail merchandising, supply chain & analytics.
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for key initiatives and advocate for features that allow sellers to optimize their assortment, availability and post purchase functions effectively on Walmart.com
- Manage applicable system solutions for new features and ensure end to end ownership of solutions by working with relevant cross-functional groups including Data science and engineering teams.
- Lead product initiatives by ensuring critical business issues and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions; driving process changes based on feedback; driving resource allocation decisions; and setting the standard for Product Manager deliverables.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success. Work with cross-functional teams to translate the product strategy into a product roadmap and engineering sprints.
- Take feature from ideation / exploration with customers to full launch and rollout, including marketing plan and field enablement.
- Move fast in an agile and iterative team environment.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6 years of experience in product management, or business consulting, or related field; OR Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years of experience in product management, or business consulting, or related field.
- Product experience driving product vision and roadmap with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale. Experience building and delivering technology products in a high growth environment
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Supply Chain experience
- Experience in process design, Six Sigma
- User experience design
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth