Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Assistant Aquatics Center Manager - WLFC
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function Healthcare - Other
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD707468
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Leads aquatics programs for Walton Life Fitness Center (WLFC) (for example, swim classes, aquatic exercise course, multi-sport classes) by analyzing and evaluating member needs and requests and industry trends to develop aquatics programming (for example, course offerings, class times, enrollment numbers); updating aquatics programs on session by session basis; recruiting, hiring, and supervising qualified aquatics staff; and engaging and scheduling independent contractors (for example, instructors) to support aquatics programs.
- Negotiates contracts, verifying credentials and setting work standards for independent contractors on staff; reviewing required paperwork to properly assess performance; serving as an instructor when needed; providing guidance on the lifeguard policy manual as needed; and providing lifeguard training and certification (for example, re-certification, CPR re-certification) as necessary for the Aquatics Center.
- Partners with the Aquatics Center Manager to conduct training programs; providing lifeguard training and certification (for example, re-certification, CPR re-certification) as necessary for the Aquatics Center; demonstrating professional lifeguard skills and on deck awareness; demonstrating proper backboarding technique on a monthly basis; and instructing staff on responding to pool emergencies (for example, struggling swimmers, potential drowning) and using rescue procedures, First Aid, and CPR as necessary.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: 2 years’ experience in aquatics or related field. Lifeguard certification from appropriate organization (for example, Red Cross, YMCA, Boy Scouts). First aid certification from appropriate organization (for example, Red Cross, YMCA, Boy Scouts). CPR certification for lifeguards or professional rescuers from appropriate organization (for example, Red Cross, YMCA, Boy Scouts). 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...1701 SE 14TH STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0001, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth