Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
People Operations Lead
- Location CHEYENNE, WY
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD699301
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have the ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- You have a background in workforce planning and/or talent management
- You have PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the execution of hourly and salaried Workforce Management programs and initiatives by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; identifying barriers and obstacles that impact plan execution; providing guidance and training resources; measuring plan progress and performance; and developing contingency plans.
- Driving the Workforce Management strategy to improve associate experiences, retention, and business performance by ensuring the execution of "Schedule Right" in all assigned stores; reviewing and assessing scheduling and staffing data to translate into required actions to improve scheduling performance.
- Managing the talent acquisition strategy for assigned stores by developing, communicating, and delivering recruiting strategies to attract and maintain a skilled and engaged workforce; forming strategic partnerships and leveraging talent acquisition techniques to source a diverse candidate pool; screening candidates for qualifications and coordinating with hiring managers to arrange interviews; gathering and facilitating feedback from managers on candidates; managing the job offer process, including negotiating and communicating job offer information.
- Managing talent pipelines by assessing talent, providing succession plans, and implementing talent programs; analyzing talent data, tools, and systems to diagnose gaps and identify trends that impact the workforce; providing resources for talent and workforce development; supporting mentorship programs; and leveraging talent to create career progression opportunities and increase management retention.
- Managing talent review activities by overseeing talent programs and initiatives (for example, quarterly conversations, performance and talent calibration processes, annual talent reviews) to understand talent gaps, potential attrition, and high potential talent in assigned area; incorporating data from talent review meetings into recruiting and workforce planning strategies and initiatives.
- Ensuring business needs are met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current Workforce Management and talent plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, and 2 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Specialist supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment OR 3 years' Walmart management experience with 2 years' experience supervising other salaried managers.
- Associate will be required to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong communications, partnership, and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, and 2 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist or
Specialist supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment OR 3 years' Walmart management experience with 2 years' experience supervising
other salaried managers.
Associate will be required to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.
Valid state-issued driver’s license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading or partnering with cross-functional teams., Master's Degree in a Human Resources field (for example, Industrial Relations), Workforce planning
Primary Location...2032 DELL RANGE BLVD, CHEYENNE, WY 82009-4956, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth