Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Workplace Investigator- Chicago, IL (Global Investigator I)
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD680596
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
***Remote opportunity**** Must live within 90 miles of: Chicago, Illinois.
This position is for the Workplace Investigations team, which is part of the Global Investigations division and the broader Global Governance organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling them to conduct successful investigations on a broad spectrum of associate issues, including, but not necessarily limited to, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and the ability to apply critical thinking skills which will result in the identification and reporting of all relevant facts. The candidate will also have a high degree of empathy and the ability manage potentially uncomfortable interactions with witnesses and subjects.
Workplace Investigators are responsible for thoroughly and efficiently investigating all assigned associate concerns in a fair, unbiased, and consistent manner. The investigator will be expected to develop an investigative strategy; identify and interview relevant parties; serve as a witness for interviews conducted by other Workplace Investigators; identify, source, and analyze relevant data; gather all facts relevant to the case, and communicate investigative findings in the report of investigation. Workplace Investigators will also identify trends and business risks and escalate significant risks to appropriate leadership as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct investigations across multiple business segments, by gathering all relevant facts, and documenting case work in the Global Investigations Case Management system.
- Develop investigative strategy, including use of Electronically Stored Information, Global Media Analytics, and other data to support the investigation.
- Conduct interviews of the reporter, direct and indirect witnesses, and the subject(s) of the allegation.
- Prepare a Report of Investigation documenting the findings, case details and identified process gaps (gaps in ways of working, policies, etc.).
- Simultaneously manage multiple cases.
- Promote and support investigative protocol, company culture, policies, procedures, mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity; ensuring compliance with them and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- 2 years investigative experience conducting harassment, discrimination, or retaliation investigations
- Wicklander – Zulawski & Associates Interview & Interrogation Certification
- Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI) Certification
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Certification
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM-CP/SCP, or related/similar certifications
- EEOC and Employment law experience or training in labor/employee relations
- Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Political Science, or related field and 2 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field OR 4 years investigative experience in casework/management, auditing, security, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Accounting - Forensic, Fraud and corruption casework/managementCertified Internal Auditor (CIA) - Certificate, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...4650 W NORTH AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60639-4611, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth