Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Supply Chain Management - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD679576
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
What you'll do:
- Improve supply chain execution by directing a flow path channel from supplier to store to best fit sales, in-stock, and profit metrics; collaborating between supply chain stakeholders to ensure sales, in-stock, inventory, profitability, and strategy goals are achieved; tracking the movement and arrival of goods across the supply chain; presenting recommendations to address conflicting goals; identifying order exceptions, disruptions, and supply chain constraints that will impact supply chain execution; and developing and coordinating a resolution.
- Communicate operational expectations to suppliers and transporters, addressing performance related issues with stakeholders.
- Direct supply chain flow process improvement efforts by overseeing the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between supply chain stakeholders; prioritizing product flow plan objectives; ensuring flow plans are achievable; championing innovation to simplify current solutions and methodologies ; managing the correction of errors processes and feedback loops; identifying areas of opportunity to improve service levels; supporting the use of end-to-end costing methodology and lean concepts; providing cost recommendations to reduce process waste; providing opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; and reviewing and analyzing the impact and benefits to internal processes.
- Oversee relationships with external parties by supervising the main point of contact for external partners ; communicating expectations and agreements to external partners; consolidating and communicating relevant findings and information to external stakeholders; leading audit processes
to ensure external partners comply with company standards and agreements; utilizing quarterly scorecards to measure and correct performance; and assisting senior leadership with the selection of service providers.
- Provide overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Analytics, or related field
- Previous experience in reverse logistics
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain management
- Strong analytical skills (gathering data through presenting data to stakeholders)
- Capacity to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strong technology skills to include coding
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Skilled in SQL or other data querying languages
Diversity & Inclusion
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 5 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 7 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
3 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth