Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Facilities Management- Horticulturist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD676677
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manager, Facilities Maintenance – Corporate Affairs – Horticulturist
Want to use your Horticulturist talents and skills to maintain all new and existing Home Office Campus landscaping and grounds? The manager of Facilities Maintenance Horticulturist is a critical thought leadership role that maintains turf grass, prairie grass, shrubs, trees flowers and all green spaces through both an internal team of associates, as well as an external team of vendor partners. As a Horticulturist, you will use data and your existing skill sets and training to own and influence how data is used to solve landscaping opportunities that arise on the Home Office Campus.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a visionary in campus green spaces
- You are a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- You’re familiar with a variety of Horticulturist methods, tools, and solutions for long-term vegetation growth
- You can evaluate large amounts of data, identify trends, and uncover new insights that affect the campus grounds and landscaping
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through visuals and simple language
- You have high standards and think strategically
- You’re stimulated by challenges
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and executing strategic landscaping campaigns – Using both Organic and traditional methods and products to support sustainability
- Managing and supervising both internal associate direct reports, as well as third-party vendors & contractors
- Acting as a green space Subject Matter Expert – Own and influence how metrics are used to tell the story of what’s happening with our landscaping on campus
- Collaborating with key stakeholders – Partner with colleagues and internal clients, bringing information to light that helps reach collective objectives.
- Articulating complex information clearly and easily – Interpret data and provide context in a way that establishes measures of success and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Use your bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, along with your 7 + year experience managing campus landscapes to manage 100% of the Home Office Campus landscaping
- Manage and own all irrigation systems and methods
- Knowledgeable in fertilization, chemical and fungal identification and applications to resolve issues that arise on campus
- Forecast operational YOY expenses & Capital Expenditures
- Manage drainage systems and ponds in conjunction with corporate compliance team
- Manage organic land care management of ecologically diverse gardens including all gardens, remanent wetland prairie, constructed prairies, canopy trees, and designed plant communities
- Manage lawn care of turfgrass
- Identifies, sources, and purchases grounds management equipment and supplies
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field and 2 years’ experience in facilities management,
construction management, engineering, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in facilities management, construction management, engineering,
or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building controls or related area, External work experience supervising maintenance personnel in an optical, pharmaceutical, or manufacturing environment, Leading a cross-functional team, Supervisory
Primary Location...301 SE J ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6129, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth