Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Microbiologist (Manager II, Specialty Compliance And Ethics)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD669698
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As the Food Safety Microbiologist, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of the global compliance strategy and operations. This includes partnership with the supplier food safety and technical development teams to approve and monitor existing and new suppliers of this aspect of the function. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of Global Food Safety Science Center of Excellence. The ideal candidate for the role will be a strategic, influential, and progressive food safety and microbiology emerging leader with the ability to translate business challenges into actionable solutions in a highly complex, rapidly evolving environment. You are someone who builds trust and credibility and inspires associates across the business. You are action-oriented, resourceful, and approachable while also having the ability to influence and lead change, based on your deep scientific knowledge and network.
You will make an impact by...
- Supporting Supplier Management strategic vision to manage risk and protect the brand with science-based approach via the Product Design Hazard Analysis (PDHA) process/desk audit and onsite assessment.
- Providing Food Safety hazard analysis and inputs into the PDHA and HACCP processes and working with teams around the globe e.g.
- Determining the likelihood of a food safety hazard and severity of impact.
- Assisting in the development of microbiological specifications for supplier products.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of Sampling and in process and finished product test protocols.
- Monitoring Environmental Plans – manufacturing and retail.
- Supporting the supplier onboarding process, launch of new products, and reformulations by providing technical consultation to internal stakeholders for qualifying new, and existing suppliers.
- Partnering closely with stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure effective collaboration and coordination of compliance efforts.
- Acting as a consultant for "food-safe" products and formulas during cross-functional team meetings.
- Facilitating compliance with all Food Safety standards by directing the development of specific trainings and educations programs driving the communication of such programs; and monitoring the success and need for change to continually update programs for compliance with emerging industry expectations.
- Developing external relationships and alliances strengthening the company’s reputation within the food safety and regulatory community and leading outreach meetings, ensuring that the company’s programs, policies, procedures and reports are communicated in a persuasive, accurate and understandable way and that sensitive data is protected.
- Supporting communication efforts to ensure leadership understanding of Food Safety risks by actively engaging in Walmart's global knowledge transfer initiatives and working with all necessary environmental agencies to promote Walmart's alignment with governance best practices.
- Developing scientific basis for performance standards. Build a library of acceptable/adequate validation methods/standards.
- Having thought leadership in applied science, practical business process integration and Food Safety risk reporting.
- Providing learning content for a consistent approach in science-based food safety education efforts, with the goal of ensuring that we have the best talent on our teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science, or food safety related field required. HACCP certification required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Food Safety/Quality Assurance with food processor.
- Prior experience in various food products processing and food safe production is required.
- Understands regulatory requirements and safe food scientific practices and is capable of applying these practices in different types of food products.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with cross functional teams and management.
- Keeps abreast with current food safety technology to develop performance standards for manufacturing preventive controls.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations pertinent to the position is critical.
- Plant level food safety and sanitation experience desired.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 2 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 2 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth