Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Supply Chain Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD669095
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Sr. Manager II, Supply Chain Management, will lead various projects that deliver immediate and future operational strategies across Walmart’s Supply Chain. The Sr. Manager II will be primarily responsible for leading service design analytical modeling, pulling together executable project plans, and working cross functionally to implement programs that optimizes end-to-end between supply chain and stores. He/she will support our strategic plans, both creating and implementing strategic operational improvements to enable expansion of our business’s scope and scale. This role is part of the Network Design and Innovation team – a future-focused, action-biased, data-driven department chartered with improving all aspects of the supply chain from network design, transportation and store integration, and multi-channel initiatives by leveraging bid data to build the future of service design. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results.
You will learn the art and science of where Analytics meet Operations at an unsurpassed scale with the largest retailer on the planet. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as dc and store operations, transportation, product, and merchant operations. Your key responsibilities will include -
- Analytics: in-depth investigation of key drivers of service design principals to drive availability to our customer while optimizing cost within our supply chain. Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions. Develop metrics and dashboards to monitor and quantify the impact of changes you make.
- Strategy: Support cross-functional roadmaps and lead thinking on step change improvements to existing service design principles. You will be influencing key leaders throughout our end-to-end ecosystem to design the future service model that will evolve with our customer and unlock new capabilities.
- Project Management: Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed design specifications, and work with cross functional partners to catalyze strategy development. You will be responsible for presenting your findings and lead meetings to guide business decisions
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for the products you support
- You understand supply chain and operations, whether in Retail environment or similar industries
- You learn and adapt quickly, and are excellent at working on multiple cross-functional projects concurrently
- You have excellent analytical skills
- Creative thinker: you think about finding the best solution that will work in days, instead of the perfect one that requires weeks
- You understand what it means to “own a project”. Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through
- Proven analytics skills, and 6+ years of experience in quantitative analysis. With advanced knowledge of common tools such as Excel and SQL
- Proven ability to influence vertically within organization and horizontally across other organizations
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering, or related discipline
- Bonus points: Hands-on experience with computation and data analysis tools such as R, Python, and HIVE
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 6 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...618 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth