Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Designer Lead - UX Conversational Designer (Store No8 | Conversational Commerce)
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD664298
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
About the Role
Designers on the Conversational Commerce team help build a product that introduces text-based shopping experiences to customers. Our team is committed to radically improving the lives of our customers by removing the burden of planning and shopping on people’s everyday lives.
As a member of the Conversational Commerce team, you will champion our customer and experiences. Designers will maintain an inclusive design process and invite partners to co-create and collaborate on the interactive conversational experiences that help our customers live better. This role will report into the Associate Design Director of Conversational Commerce.
The preferred work locations for this opportunity are Greater New York Metro Area; Greater Seattle Area, WA; San Francisco Bay Area, and Bentonville, AR.
What You’ll Do
- Iterate and experiment to create beautiful, functional, and thoughtful conversational designs that delight our customers and evangelize the design process while doing so
- Plan, write and edit conversational dialogue plus create or enhance intent templates for multi-modal experiences while maintaining brand voice and bot personality
- Develop a deep understanding for how the Walmart customer shops and speaks
- Facilitate and design workshops to help teams uncover opportunities, objectives, and solutions
- Articulate experience strategy, opportunities, and how usability relates to a larger brand experience to a diverse group of people
- Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms and frameworks for new interaction models
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of experience working as a Conversational Designer, Linguist, Content Strategist, UX Designer, UX Writer or a relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- Experience building voice user interfaces (VUI)
- You have successfully partnered with designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists through a project lifecycle. In addition, you are capable and work effectively independently.
- Experience across all aspects of the product cycle, including user research, collaborative ideation, chatbot writing, prototyping, and testing.
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
You'll Knock Us Off Our Feet If
- You have experience with speech and language, such as linguistics, NLP, language understanding (NLU), conversational search, text to speech (TTS),
- You can create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Strong working knowledge of tools (e.g. Botsociety, Sketch and InVision)
- You have prior start-up, incubator experience, balancing technical and business constraints.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...250 Hudson St, NEW YORK, NY 10013-1006, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth