Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Mergers And Acquisitions, Ecomm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD658609
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart is seeking a Director, Corporate Development/M&A, Ecomm reporting directly to the Global Head of Corporate Development.
The position offers the opportunity to join Walmart’s Corporate Development team, which leads the evaluation and execution of all elements of Walmart’s inorganic growth. The Corporate Development team is responsible for all equity-related transactions, including acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other forms of structured partnerships.
As a Director, Corporate Development you will partner with senior leaders across all business units and geographies throughout the Walmart organization, including Walmart eCommerce, Walmart US, Sam’s Club, and Walmart International, to develop M&A strategy and identify, assess, and execute acquisitions and investments.
You will be the “deal lead” for all elements of the M&A process, including closely engaging with senior leaders across various Walmart businesses and functions and many other stakeholders and participants both internally and externally. You will be a central leader in driving a key area of strategic growth for Walmart.
- Partner with other members of Walmart’s Corporate Development/Mergers and Acquisitions team to evaluate and execute acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other equity-related transactions across all of Walmart’s geographies and businesses, including Walmart eCommerce, Walmart US, Sam’s Club and Walmart International
- Collaborate with business partners across Walmart to develop M&A strategy, identify and assess potential acquisition/investment candidates, and drive influence throughout the business units
- Lead all transaction-related financial modeling and valuation and analyzes and recommends optimal transaction structures
- Create presentations that outline strategic tradeoffs and drive executive decision making
- Lead due diligence activities related to domestic and international M&A projects across multiple, cross-functional teams
- Mentor and support junior deal team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling, and diligence
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- End-to-end execution and management of complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels and teams across the organization
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting, financial and operational metrics
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication, judgment, maturity, and experience working with executives
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- About 10+ years of experience in corporate finance roles including but not limited to Corporate Development, Private Equity/Venture Capital, or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree – MBA preferred
- Experience in a leading and negotiating deals and leading deal teams
- Demonstrated success in prior roles in their career
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Business, or a related field and 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or a related area OR 7 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or a related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project ManagementMasters
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth