Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Transportation Operations Manager II
- Location GLENDALE, AZ
- Career Area Drivers & Transportation
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD642022
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Carrier Management & Capacity Planning: Manages carrier relationships for small book of business. Reviews carrier metrics and KPIs to ensure on-time delivery and performance goals are met and communicates insights and opportunities to management. Manages order execution with carriers for small book of business, following up with distribution centers and carriers to ensure orders are processed, loaded and shipped (routed) correctly to make an on time delivery and meet customer expectations. Creates analyses of trailer utilization and conducts load/route planning to reduce freight costs whenever possible.
- Inbound/Outbound Delivery Management and Analysis: Manages inbound/outbound deliveries; ensures expense rate is maintained from an outbound perspective. Reviews data, develops insights (e.g., why deliveries are late and why exceptions are occurring) and reports on metrics related to inbound/ outbound deliveries across a region. Reviews and resolves escalated delivery issues and tracks claims to understand trends.
- Vendor Compliance and Performance: Develops policy and procedure changes. Trains vendors on Walmart standard operating procedures.
- Reviews/analyzes vendor scorecards and dashboards and identifies areas for improvement. Provides input into and supports implementation of vendor improvement programs.
- Process Improvement: Performs trend analyses and develops insights from data to identify operational issues or areas for improvement to inbound and outbound delivery processes for small book of business.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Supply Chain Management, Fulfillment Center Management) to assist in development of financial and delivery management plans.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field and 3 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain, business, or related field OR 5
years’ experience in logistics, supply chain, business, or related field.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervisory experienceMasters: Business, Masters: Supply Chain
Primary Location...6600 N. Sarival Ave., Glendale, AZ 85340, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth