Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Advertising Sales
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD635441
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Sam’s Club Media Group is seeking an experienced Ad Tech Partnerships Lead to help educate, liaise, and partner with SMG’s growing Ad Tech Partners and with Sam’s Club’s product, engineering, and business operations teams. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The Ad Tech Partnerships Lead [who reports into the Head of Advertising & Partnerships] will provide ongoing consultative business support to key ad tech partners to help grow their businesses while assuring end client success.
This role also leads and drives special projects that influence the overall adoption of various businesses [search, self-service platforms] and services.
S/he will build and lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth.
- Serve as the lead strategist for self-service platforms to drive adoption with suppliers
- Serve as the lead partner to our Ad Tech partners
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing opportunities for new approaches
- Coordinate with other teams, prioritizing their involvement, needs and activation
- Drive product adoption and provide ongoing education about new and existing SMG ad products and encourage innovation
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to provide consultative services to SMG sales and account management teams whose clients are implementing partner solutions/tools in market
- Be the thought leader at SMG by funneling Partner Developer Programs/platform insights and product feedback, influencing roadmaps where necessary
- Be the advocate for Sales to both assist in the development of growth strategies for advertisers and suppliers
- Work with Sales & execution team to set goals, actively measure impact of initiatives and ensure alignment with broader business teams
- Lead strategic and technical product development integration efforts from concept to launch. Work closely with other teams to prioritize a structure partnership based on a shared roadmap
- Work closely with our product team on the product vision and roadmap
- Prioritize and structure partnerships based on product a shared roadmap
- Track, analyze, and report key quantitative metrics both day-to-day and in quarterly business review format
- Identify trends and evolving needs, develop programmatic tools and resources to improve efficiency Minimum Qualification
- 10+ years of client facing experience in business development, ad tech partnerships, product management for search, ecommerce marketplace
- High analytical skill set with an MBA as a plus
- Experience leading performing teams and mentoring others
- Ability to succinctly and easily explain ad tech language and ideas to a retail/merchant organization
- Ability to achieve and exceed deadlines
- Project management experience, including multitasking to lead and execute multiple projects in parallel Preferred Qualification
- Knowledge of API developer products, technology, marketplace dynamics, search industry
- Ability to translate complexity into action plans and communication in a succinct manner
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peers and managers, both internally/externally
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- BA/BS with excellent academic performance (or equivalent experience), and MBA
- Deep passion building great products, startups, developer/partner ecosystem and the business of innovation
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 7 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 10 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing high performing teams, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising salesMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth