Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Marketing Planning and Strategy (HO) - Category Marketing Electronics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD635211
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Marketing Strategy & Program Management
- Program strategy: Provides input into Walmart's marketing and growth strategy. Uses customer data and insights (demographics, purchasing. history/transaction records, surveys, social media data, site visit logs, product reviews, responses to advertisements, multicultural opportunities) to suggest improvements to marketing strategy that will differentiate Walmart in the marketplace. Suggests targeted items to be included in Walmart's marketing strategy based on customer insights research. Drafts initial promotional planning calendar for review and input by other teams and leaders.
- Creative development: Assists with the development of creative briefs for multiple marketing programs. Recommends target audience, objectives, proposed budget and timeline for director review. Suggests creative considerations media, materials, tone). Prepares meeting materials for understanding of brief and socialization.
- Media Strategy & Planning: Understands creative brief's messages and suggests media options that will extract the most value from the messages for multiple marketing. programs/initiatives or a significant portion of a broader campaign Reviews performance metrics to understand effectiveness of marketing channels (e.g., how much revenue was generated via Pinterest compared with direct mail). Maintains awareness of AOP allocation to various marketing channels and makes the best possible spending choice for own program/initiative. Develops relationships with key contacts at selected media channels.
- Marketing Initiative Implementation & Management: Manages multiple marketing programs (including media plan, circular, internal and supplier campaigns, promotional events). Implements steps to enhance sales and net profits for the entire length of the customer relationship. Suggests approaches to acquire new or retain existing customers, etc. Manages communications (e.g., email, mobile, mail and social media) to ensure a consistent customer experience and Walmart brand alignment. Partners with internal/external agencies to ensure all creative output are in line with overall brand strategy and achieves initiative/campaign objectives. Ensures Walmart brand guidelines and standards (e.g., right colors, no coupons) are applied in a consistent way. Proposes optimizations to plans to enhance ROI/campaign effectiveness based on review of performance data; develops executive-level reporting focused on actionable insights.
- Annual Operating Plan: Supports the development of the annual operating plan (AOP). Recommends updates to the AOP based on customer analysis and external market trends. Manages the execution of assigned projects within the AOP. Begins to identify operational success of key AOP elements.
- Budget Management: Manages budgets for multiple marketing programs or a significant portion of a broader campaign and elevates budget concerns, as needed; provides input into and assesses performance against financial KPIs, recommending investment adjustments to maximize spend. Reconciles irregularities within the budget and enforces financial controls.
- People Development: Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance. Mentors less experienced associates and managers. May have performance and career development conversations.
- Critical Relationship Management
- Partners closely with Merchants: Builds strong relationships with Merchants to understand and deliver on business priorities. Works to translate big bets into customer solutions and go-to-market plans which are executed across O&O channels. Creates and presents updates on marketing program and/or activation impact at holistic and tactical levels in broad forums.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional, internal and external teams (e.g., Advertising, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Category Marketing, Creative, Operations, Category Management, WMC, Site Merchandising, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Analytics, Supplier Sales and Marketing teams) to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all channels multiple programs/initiatives or within a significant portion of a campaign. Collects and shares critical information (e.g., item info, merchant intent) with cross-functional teams across multiple programs/initiatives.
- Collaborates with Top Suppliers: Develops relationships with suppliers to create meaningful and highly efficient programs based on Merchant priorities. Consults on supplier’s investment to drive Walmart-aligned targets.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 2 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years' experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.MarketingMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth