Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Paralegal - Tort Litigation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD605591
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join the Litigation team to work with and support attorneys, case managers and leadership advising the Company in the tort practice area about legal rights, obligations and risks while developing litigation strategies to respond to legal issues and reduce costs for the Company. Collaborate with cross functional teams and play an important role in mitigating corporate risk by ensuring consistent implementation of company policies and practices.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Providing support to attorneys and legal staff by managing legal processes; receiving and reviewing requests for information; and collecting, entering and maintaining legal information in various legal systems.
- Coordinating with outside counsel, witnesses, and internal subject matter experts; providing status updates on legal processes and responding to questions about legal matters.
- Helping maintain, operationalize and update standard operating procedures and best practices on various legal processes including legal discovery and Company systems and access.
- Demonstrating and maintaining knowledge of general and specific legal areas, particularly in the tort practice area.
- Ensuring that attorneys are aware of pending deadlines; assisting with budgeting and invoice review.
- Assisting attorneys with legal research and analysis by identifying necessary information and helping determine relevant facts to support legal arguments; helping attorneys ensure that legal documents comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Distributing document retention notices.
- Assisting with conducting custodial interviews; drafting legal documents for responses to stakeholders on behalf of and in consultation with attorneys.
- Adhering to standard discovery procedures, quality assurance requirements and operational systems; enforcing Walmart’s Outside Counsel guidelines in conjunction with case team members; collaborating with eDiscovery resources to help manage ESI strategy, contain costs and meet case objectives.
- Maintaining security and confidentiality of sensitive information, data and communications.
- Drafting, proofreading and updating presentations, reports and templates.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience as a paralegal in the tort practice area.
- You are comfortable with technology and how to leverage systems and tools to improve processes.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure.
- You are process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams.
- A nationally recognized paralegal certification OR an ABA-accredited paralegal degree OR 1 years’ experience as a paralegal, legal analyst, OR otherwise performing the responsibilities of a paralegal as defined by Walmart’s job description OR a juris doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.A nationally recognized paralegal certification or an ABA accredited paralegal degree OR 1 years’ experience as a paralegal, legal analyst, or
otherwise performing the responsibilities of a paralegal as defined by Walmart’s job description OR a juris doctorate degree from an accredited law
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.A law degree from accredited program
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth