Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Specialty Compliance And Ethics - Supplier Food Safety
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD601934
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Supplier Food Safety Sr. Manager, you will be responsible for the assigned food category strategy development and maintenance. This includes partnership with the sourcing and technical development teams to approve and monitor existing and new suppliers.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a strategic, influential, and progressive food safety science leader with the ability to translate business challenges into actionable solutions in a highly complex, rapidly evolving environment. You are someone who builds trust and credibility and inspires associates across the business. You are action-oriented, resourceful, and approachable while also having the ability to influence and lead change, based on your deep scientific knowledge and network.
- Develop and communicate Supplier Management strategic vision to manage risk and protect the brand with science-based approach via the Product Design Hazard Analysis (PDHA) process/desk audit and onsite assessment
- Responsible for implementing Supplier Management Standards for the assigned category. Work closely with the suppliers and the supply team. Ensuring supplier verification programs and parameters critical to food safety and associated regulatory compliance are appropriate and managing Supplier CAPAs.
- Develop strategy, specifications, process and conduct internal, external audits, process validations review and risk assessment for higher risk product suppliers within assigned category
- Supporting the supplier onboarding process, launch of new products, and reformulations by providing technical consultation to internal stakeholders for qualifying new, and existing suppliers within the assigned category.
- Managing supplier recalls internally with key stakeholders and externally liaising with Federal and State agencies.
- Manage Food Safety related Complaints, investigations, and corrective actions from both customers, regulatory bodies, and stores.
- Reviews, monitors, and measures supplier food safety key performance indicators (KPI) by understanding food safety standards; determining appropriate action steps to ensure compliance as well as proactively predicting potential risks and developing mitigation alternatives.
- Facilitates engagement and appropriate communications with cross-functional teams (including Ethics & Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, and key business stakeholders) to ensure a transparent and comprehensive compliance strategy consistent with business objectives.
- Supports communication efforts to ensure leadership understanding of Food Safety risks
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You possess an undergraduate degree in Food Science, Microbiology or Chemical Engineering
- You have at least 7 years' food safety supplier management experience, ideally within large, multinational corporations
- You possess strong knowledge in food safety systems/manufacturing processes (GSSI, FSMA, etc.) and advanced HACCP knowledge
- Expert communication/organizational skills both written and verbal
Ability to triage and prioritize tasks/activities between “day to day” and “continuous improvements”
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 1 years' supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth