Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Energy Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD601394
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Ensure business needs are met by evaluating ongoing effectiveness of current developments, initiatives, plans and programs with business partners and stakeholders by originating, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency, processes, and programs.
Identify and develop new data centric products and/or applications for reducing refrigerants GWP (Global Warming Potential) footprint and improving the energy efficiency of Walmart stores, Neighborhood Markets and Sam’s Clubs refrigeration systems, including refrigerant management in terms of regulatory compliance and corporate emissions goals.
A core skillset for this role will be the ability to understand and articulate the refrigeration/refrigerants system objectives, with respect to efficiency improvement or refrigerant transition, seek and garner the input and assessments from the subject matter experts and primary stakeholders, synthesize those responses into a defined and an actionable charter, and then communicate and report that plan up through leadership as well as across the stakeholder groups. Engagement, understanding, and consensus are foundational elements for success in this arena.
Conduct comprehensive feasibility analysis of new products and/or applications to determine viability for Refrigeration Compliance and Zero Emissions adoption into Walmart and Sam’s portfolio. Feasibility analysis includes technical viability, business case analysis for proposed return on investment and resource analysis for opportunity to scale and leverage cost position.
Key performance metrics and/or tasks associated for this role include:
- Creating development plans based on data analytic models for initiatives that have shown viability to develop into a scalable program.
- Technical / economic analysis and evaluation of such initiatives.
- Understanding of, and fluent in, specifications, guidelines, charter documents, sequences, concept/developed drawings and details, equipment selections and control applications.
- Support the construct of testing plans as applicable including Beta tests, prototyping, control lab tests, pilot tests and progressive rollout tests.
- Develop the execution plan for the proposed initiative considering availability and impact for store operations, supply chain, local (installation) resource constraints and seasonality.
- Establish a post audit process to validate objectives and to inform project/product scope or design iterations as well as identify potential resource limitations.
Establish a partnership relationship and become a liaison to other business groups with stakeholder interest. Gain buy-in and shared ownership of new initiatives prior to program deployment. Support stakeholder partners through communication, information sharing, training, and development participation.
Manages the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing and directing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases.
Monitors utility rates decisions by performing or coordinating in-depth rate and pricing analyses; reviewing final utility contracts; leading negotiations on unique contracts; and preparing contracts for approval by executives.
Manages energy costs and ensures adequate power by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied, ensuring rate changes and usage reductions in vacant buildings have been implemented); and reviewing tenant subleases for proper allocation of utility expenses and securing appropriate reimbursements.
Monitors the regulatory and legislation influencing process by identifying, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting legislation, regulations and policy issues related to renewable and sustainable energy, and greenhouse gas emissions; drafting initial comments, rebuttals, and briefs; securing and directing outside legal counsel and technical consultants to assist in preparing and presenting Walmart's position; intervening in the legislative and litigation processes; communicating in congressional, administrative, and regulatory testimony; proposing solutions to management; and ensuring testimony and briefs are prepared and submitted on time after securing approvals.
Leads sustainability and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies; identifying, reviewing, intervening, and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings; directing the development and maintenance of the tracking system for reporting progress in renewable energy or sustainability initiatives involving Walmart; traveling to meet with regulatory agencies; and monitoring and managing energy and sustainability affairs in selected international arenas. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 5 years of experience in data analytics and data model construction.
- Experience in refrigeration systems design, application, and service requirements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to manage up and down the organization with experience in reporting and teaching.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Data Science or Information Technology.
- Experience in large commercial, industrial, institutional and hospitality markets.
- Large portfolio management experience.
- Subject Matter Expert
- Refrigeration system performance assessment & evaluation
- Experience in design & application of refrigeration systems and controls
- Process improvement in terms of optimizing systems
- Business Acumen
- Develop and present a business case or value proposition and defend challenges
- Programmatic thought process that provides clear project objectives, strategies, and deliverables
- Ability to construct a scalable solution from a concept or premise
- Leadership Skills
- Communication skills to engage with, and garner engagement/buy-in of, key stakeholders as well as leadership
- Negotiation skills to establish collaboration across int/ext partners
- Project Mgmt skills to drive solutions and deliver objectives within established timelines
- Business Focus
- Drive the (continued) development and execution of the refrigerant GWP reduction strategy across the company (US min, Int’l potentially)
- Drive the (continued) FDD/AFPT analytics solutions for refrigeration systems (initially) and broader building (eventually)
- Identify & develop data solutions across fridge systems
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 6 years’ experience in utility operations or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters, Masters: Business, Masters: FinanceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth