Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Medical Assistant, Walmart Health
- Location LOGANVILLE, GA
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD600819
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Health is hiring!
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better - and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
Role for Medical Assistant
- Provides administrative support to Walmart Health Centers by utilizing electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management systems to complete administrative tasks (for example, patient registration and intake, scheduling follow up appointments with patients, payment transactions); processing patient referrals to specialists; processing insurance information; ensuring proper coding for patient visits; verifying patient insurance eligibility; collecting appropriate insurance copayment amounts; and monitoring inventory to order medical and office supplies and materials
- Ensures the proper delivery of patient care by collecting patient medical history; preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assisting medical provider with patient examinations, emergencies, and medical procedures; collecting lab specimens (for example, urine and blood) from patients for testing; measuring and recording vital signs and patient information (for example, pain assessment, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height) in patient's electronic chart; operating diagnostic equipment (for example, glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment) to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Administering medications (for example, orally, by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection) as ordered by medical provider; communicating patient information and concerns to medical staff; and communicating physician's instructions to patients.
- Represents the company in healthcare quality, compliance, and customer service by maintaining patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality; participating in quality assurance audits, quality improvement initiatives, and quality management programs; assisting in the development and promotion of clinical practice.
Join our community:
We offer a competitive package including salary, annual bonus potential, and more!
The transformation Walmart is making to the way health care is delivered at affordable, transparent pricing will impact individuals and communities for years to come – this is a chance to be part of something special! The opportunities presented by applying our resources and commitment to an area like H&W is limitless … impacting the lives of consumers … saving them money and helping them live better. You really can make a difference!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program OR military medical services training program, OR hold current CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA certification, OR LPN license, OR have been working as a MA for 5 out of the last 7 years, OR 1 year’s experience instructing in an accredited MA program. Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. 1 year's experience with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Healthcare Strategy, Information Security, Microsoft Office, Testing Lab
Primary Location...4221 ATLANTA HWY, LOGANVILLE, GA 30052-7316, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth