Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Specialty Tax-Technology and Data
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD593696
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
- Support the delivery of the Tax technology projects, independently drive smaller projects or components of larger projects; support project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners
- Deploy IT initiatives for the Tax function
- Build and maintain relationships with key technology providers and other technical teams across the organization
- Work with IT to prototype, develop, implement and test developed systems
- Develop and deliver training programs for all newly implemented technology solutions
- Ensure teams of Tax personnel have proper access rights to Client software applications
- Work with other regions across the Global Tax team to identify, create and implement globally scalable processes and solutions
- Integrate core Tax department needs, aligning technology requirements, and carries out Tax technology initiatives
- Interact with the IT teams to understand and identify how systems changes could impact tax requirements and ensure Tax stakeholder alignment on initiatives
- Define business requirements for technical development based on input from stakeholders and analysis of data sets
- Understand the business line, supporting information technologies, and finance/accounting/tax disciplines, as well as the impacts on each project
- Serves as a liaison between the Tax, Accounting and IT functions to align tax needs with the use of technology
- BS degree in Data, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ working experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master plus 5 years’ work experience) in tax, accounting, data analysis or related field
- Proficiency at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources.
- Proficiency in ETL tools (e.g. Alteryx) and data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Experience with VBA, Python, R, and/or Machine Learning
- Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Experience with large data sets, data reconciliation, and/or data investigation
- Experience with data modeling and large scale data warehouses
- Experience with large-scale tax or accounting business processes and data flows
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group
- Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style
- Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth