Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Specialty Tax Global Transaction Tax
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD592107
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Senior Manager II, Global Transaction Tax will support the Senior Director on various indirect tax projects in the areas of business support, controversy, planning and strategy.
This individual will work in a dynamic tax environment with their primary focus on global indirect tax matters (VAT, GST, etc.) Collaboration with other tax/finance colleagues and broader business teams is expected. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing transaction tax projects covering all aspects of the supply chains from procurement through to sales to customers.
Excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to work independently, lead meetings, presentations and to problem solve effectively. The position is based in Bentonville, Arkansas and will report to the GTT Senior Director.
The primary focus of the Senior Manager II, GTT will be new business initiatives, M&A, contract reviews, supply flow documentation, tax automation and general technical questions. This is not a compliance role but a review of our compliance processes will be required.
- Develop key relationships with relevant business partners
- Support new business initiatives and sales growth (EDLC & EDLP) strategies
- Day to day support with business questions and potential indirect tax consequences.
- Ad-hoc compliance (monitor filings managed by 3rd party providers)
- Ensure adoption of our Global FAS 5 policy
- Perform a monthly FAS 5 review in conjunction with Controllership
- Perform a monthly Risks & Opportunities calculation and present findings during R&O meetings
- Aid local markets with tax assessments or self-identified matters
- Provide audit and litigation support
- Identify and implement indirect tax planning opportunities
- Support M&A activity, due diligence, technical analysis, etc.
- Address the tax treatment of supply chains
- Process improvements / enhancements
- Tax reforms and analysis of the business impact
- Technical reviews and analysis
- Assist local markets with strategy and prioritization
- Assess relevant indirect technologies and global applicability
- Provide day to day support with ad-hoc technical positions.
- Provide training and guidance
- Monthly meetings with all markets and regionals
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth