Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Analyst II, Merchandising Business Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD584040
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Cost and Term Negotiation Decision Support: Supports buyer with supplier negotiations by providing relevant financial inputs and highlighting risks. Helps determine information needed for each negotiation dossier.
- Budgeting: Supports department/category/subcategory/fine-line financial targets and makes recommendations.
- Business Management Decision Support: Owns and consistently updates projections of department, category, and subcategory-level forecasts for a moderately complex category and aligns forecasts with cross-functional team input and discussion.
- Category Forecasting: Supports month-end profit-and-loss review content to present in meetings with leadership. Supports forecasts at the category level (for example, sales, GP, inventory) for a moderately complex category. Helps define items requiring unit planning/ladder plan forecasts as needed. Supports the development of and inputs forecasts at the category level for a moderately complex to less-complex category.
- Category/Assortment Strategy Decision Support: Derives and uses insights to provide recommendations on omni assortment strategy. Supports the development of department and category-level strategy and subcategory/fine-line strategy and makes recommendations to enhance effectiveness.
- Data and Digital Acumen: Leverages data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data. Develops and tests hypotheses. Builds and presents insights using visualization tools. Uses visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions. Adopts recommended technology.
- Feature and Promotion Management: Builds insights based on analysis on prior feature execution and relevant trends.
- Modular Financial Modeling/Walkthrough Reporting: Supports walkthroughs. Supports the identification of mods to be used to build line reviews and supports adjustments based on post-mods analysis. Makes recommendations to merchants. Performs and drives post-modular performance analysis and reporting on merchandise and in-stock opportunities. Identifies effectiveness, key actions, and get-well dates. Presents key financials metrics at modular walkthroughs. Tracks liability for modular ending lifecycle.
- Omni Channel Customer Focus: Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels (for example, demand trends, buying behaviors, consumption patterns around SKUs).
- Product Development Financial Modeling: Develops data analysis to support guidance on points of distribution and financial impacts of product development issues once units have hit the stores. Perform unit-level projections as components of Product Development.
- Recapping and Reporting: Conducts ad hoc analysis as needed and resolves conflicts over prioritization with leaders. Supports hindsight analysis as needed for categories. Provides In-Season reporting and analysis for Key Seasonal Events. Supports department-level Quarterly Business Review.
- Strategic Initiative Decision Support: Forecasts quantities for selected items. Determines distribution. Develops financial roll ups. Presents key financials metrics at AE walk-throughs. Executes prioritized simple, strategic initiatives from merchant leaders. Conducts analysis to support initiatives.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field. OR 2 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data Analytics, Statistical programming languages
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth