Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Project Manager II, Ecomm - Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD579638
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Connect, Walmart’s media division, is looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for scoping, planning, and executing complex projects within the marketing department. This role will report to the Associate Director of Marketing Operations.
As Walmart Connect continues to scale rapidly, this individual will play a critical role in managing key initiatives & projects ranging from events to omni-campaigns. Serving as the main point of contact and communication lead on the project, this person is the connective glue that brings teams together to decide and drive progress on key milestones.
We are looking for someone who is a project management guru, who has experience navigating cross-functional stakeholders and teams effectively, and who can jump into a complex project with many stakeholders and build & communicate a clear project plan.
- Manage project end to end as the key driver responsible for the success of the project.
- Create a holistic project plan gathering inputs from key contributors.
- Clearly map out the scope, objective, goals, resources, budget, deliverables and key milestones and get alignment across the org.
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities for every milestone.
- Establish approvers at each stage of the project and be the driver of the review process.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Create and update a project schedule accounting for all milestones.
- Keep leads informed of project status and risks/issues .
- Drive team communication, both within core team and to management / leadership team.
- Organize and lead project meetings to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps.
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved.
- Lead hindsight meetings & develop best practices and processes to manage projects in the future.
- Provide input on key marketing operation initiatives that improve process across WMC.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years’ experience in project management within a marketing org.
- Must be assertive, receptive to input, skillful at managing relationships (personable, persuasive).
- Ability to understand and thrive in a fast-paced media environment.
- Knowledge of creative processes and content creation with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem, while also looking for continuous improvement.
- Sincere interest in understanding how things work and how to always make them better.
- Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations.
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in ambiguous situations.
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we are passionate in our endeavor to continuously bridge the gap between supplier brands and retail shoppers at an unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. Our team believes all digital advertising can be targeted and quantified – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it! Our team and our supplier partners win when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth for their business both online and offline.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years’ experience in project management, business, operations,
or related area OR 4 years’ experience in project management, business, operations, or related area.
1 year’s experience working in cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data analytics and project management systems, SupervisoryMasters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth