Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Merchandising Business Analytics - Advanced Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD579426
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. In this role, you will be focused in on strategic planning (forecasting changing company needs), assessing business models, optimizing workflows and systems analysis. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
What you'll do:
- Asking and answering questions of large data sets. Use problem-solving methodologies to propose creative solutions to solve a business problem.
- Creating data visualizations that tell clear, usable stories about what new insights and how that information can be applied
- Database management (aggregating, cleaning up and organizing data sets). Identify, collect, and explore the right data used for predictive modeling and algorithm development Assess market trends to determine the segments that merchants need to focus on to drive market share
- Makes customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints. Constantly incorporates applicable and actionable customer feedback to improve function effectiveness. Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels (for example, demand trends, buying behaviors, consumption patterns around SKUs). Anticipates customer trends and influences customer demand through deep understanding of customer requirements and depth of category vision.
- Mentor and develop your peers as you work to achieve a great goal.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have:
- B.S./M.S. in the quantitative discipline required (e.g. mathematics, operations research, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance etc.) or related field
- Expert-level querying skills using SQL languages such as Big Query.
- Strong skills in visualization tools such as Tableau (Calculated field, parameters).
- Superior communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise presentation.
- Expert-level skills in Excel or Access, and PowerPoint
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- This role will be business-facing, a person should be able to communicate technical terms and ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in R or Python in manipulating large data sets.
- Ability to apply statistical techniques to time series data to interpret the underlying variables impacting sales
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 4 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. OR 6 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
2 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience with cross-functional teams, Statistical programming languages, SupervisoryMasters: Analytics, Masters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth