Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Analyst II, Learning and Development, Instructional Designer
- Location DRAPER, UT
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD561561
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Learning & Development, Instructional Designer II
Looking for a new role that will be both challenging and rewarding, then continue reading to see if this position grabs your interests.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have hands-on experience creating content in a LMS (Learning Management System) like Docebo or Litmos
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- You have experience creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- You have excellent research skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
- You understand asynchronous learning
- You have visual design skills such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
- You know Learning & Development inside and out
- You’re familiar with design thinking and measuring training success
- You have strong communication and leadership skills
- You are focused on execution and results
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through visuals
- You have high standards and can keep teammates accountable
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing program effectiveness by measuring and analyzing trainer performance; identifying program inconsistencies and deficiencies; reporting inconsistencies and deficiencies to senior leadership; providing performance feedback to facilitators; working with facilitators to resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in learning
- Designing and developing training materials, communications, and operational processes by identifying training needs; ensuring conceptualized technical information is translated into accurate and concise training content; facilitating meetings with project teams to analyze, plan, design, develop, and implement training deliverables; organizing timelines for deliverables to be completed; providing corrective action plans, reporting results, and deliverables to supervisors and stakeholders; and evaluating training against established benchmarks to ensure effectiveness.
- Completing post training audits by reviewing and evaluating post implementation support requirements; communicating feedback gathered during post training audits to key stakeholders; establishing required actions based on feedback; overseeing the development of remediation plans and timelines; executing updates and delivery of training materials; validating training content with subject matter experts, divisional management, and field associates; and addressing multiple levels in the organization based on the identified needs, and relevance to achieve established goals.
- Developing and designing new and innovative training methodologies and tools by researching alternative adult training processes; benchmarking with internal and external training organizations; and implementing new training programs.
- Enhancing the learner experience by ensuring the environment is conducive to learning; engaging subject matter experts to develop practical application scenarios; managing associate performance and behavior during courses; gathering feedback and reviewing results; researching, compiling, and analyzing data to recommend learning program and operational process enhancements; remaining up to date on course materials and facilitation best practices; implementing program improvements to course content to ensure learning objectives are met; and overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of training equipment and resources.
- Implementing content development standards and governance by adhering to governance processes for content development and maintenance; communicating standardized training processes to key business partners in order to ensure operational continuity; identifying opportunities to replicate best practices and processes; making recommendations for implementation and delivery approaches; providing process definition and management to the organization; ensuring leadership and implementation teams have necessary materials
- Developing extended learning support services which operations can opt-into for agents who are struggling in production.
- Building strategic relationships: Build internal partnerships and support your business partner’s goals.
- Operating with excellence. Set an example in managing to KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Marketplace Seller Support
L&D provides training and support to our Walmart Marketplace Seller Support team. The Seller Support team provides customer service and technical troubleshooting support to our sellers who are selling their products on Walmart’s online store platform. The work we do in Seller Support to resolve seller inquiries enables our sellers to focus on fulfilling customer orders and growing their business; thus, continuing to provide a vast assortment of products available online to our Walmart customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Education, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in training, quality , knowledge management, contact center, or related area .
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Design, Project Management, Supervising Associates, Training and Development
Primary Location...12884 S FRONTRUNNER BLVD, DRAPER, UT 84020-5486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth