Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Advanced Analytics (Optimization and Controls)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD559551
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Centralize and govern controls related to End to End Transportation Management System (TMS) optimization capabilities (inputs, solver, and outputs)
- TMS Master Data: Provide sustainable and centralized TMS source data conditioning and governance to enable zero-touch, on-time load planning.
- TMS Optimization: Enable and continuously improve TMS optimization solve to deliver maximum cost benefit and enhanced service.
- Zero-Loss Execution: Monitor both Inbound (from Supplier) and Outbound (to stores) optimization results and partner with operations for improvement initiatives.
- Digital Workforce: Identify opportunities to develop and deploy rapid process automation (RPA) to reduce cost, enhance productivity, and improve operational performance.
- Develop and design a world class Omni-Trans optimization strategy aimed at delivering perfect service and cost; unlocking $150M in benefit while driving service levels over 98%.
- Leverage Six Sigma / Zero Loss concepts analysis to develop a strategic pipeline of savings as we aimed to achieve perfect service and cost.
- Incorporate common / shared goals across leadership stakeholder groups and review / align quarterly.
- Proactively steer cross-functional teams (Trans, Distribution, SC Flow, Merch, Stores) to drive continuous improvement.
- Deploy reporting solutions, along with a suite of diagnostic tools, to enable the end-to-end Transportation Daily Management System; unlocking $50M in productivity benefit.
- Steer product and tech teams as we enhance technology solutions– Ensure data continuity, enhanced reporting, and drive operational engagement and alignment.
- Inbound from Supplier Blue Yonder TMS Roadmap Delivery (expand functionality to include intermodal rail).
- Outbound to store optimization roadmap development and delivery (new routing optimization solution aimed at dispatch and routing).
- Adjust staffing to enable change management to support release expansion (Master data, optimization, monitor and control).
- Drive a comprehensive 3-year business / Product / Tech roadmap to enable Transportation strategy.
- Tech / Analytics consulting, data architecture, engineering, UI/UX, analytics experience
- Experience with TMS optimization solutions (examples: JDA / Blue Yonder, Dispatching, delivery routing)
- Proven track record of developing a strategy and delivering a roadmap to deliver it on-time and on-budget
- Experience influencing areas with no direct leadership control – Credible, knowledgeable, and confident
- Proven track record building high performance teams – Comes with a network of talent
- Organized – ability to convert chaos into order; steer the team with clear goals and objectives
- Ability to communicate and steer tech concepts to both product development teams and business stakeholders
- Ambition to lead at higher levels of the organization
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 5 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 7 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
4 years' supervisory experience OR experience leading cross-functional teams
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Cluster analysis techniques, simulation, inferential statistics, neural networks, or data mining techniquesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth