Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Designer Lead - User Experience (UX)
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD558122
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
Our team sits in the Digital Citizenship Technology group at Walmart and builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create compelling digital experiences for customers, whether they are at home, in the store or on the go. We build the tools that our consumers can use to act upon their Privacy rights at Walmart, Sam’s Club, FlipKart as well as other acquisition Brands globally. Primary work location is Reston VA. Applicants will be evaluated based on experience, online samples, and interview and references.
What you'll do...
A User Experience Lead in our team at Walmart research, plans, architects the user experience design for websites, mobile apps, Intranets, and Web applications. This person leads the creation of digital products made from a user’s perspective.
A user experience lead devises interaction strategy in sync with user goals and clients’ business goals, develops navigation and structure, designs wireframes or interactive prototypes, organizes content, and tirelessly advocates for the needs and goals of real users. This person will make strategic and tactical UX decisions related to design and usability as well as features and functions.
The UX lead with also perform usability assessments and tests of interactive systems. The best candidate will possess outstanding creativity, a highly detailed nature, and the ability to help define and solve complex user interface problems.
Conceive, Plan and Lead the development of high-end, effective digital products.
Create or assist with information architecture and UX design for complex interactive projects. Define digital strategies. Produce site maps, wireframes, prototypes and UX requirements documentation.
Become a zealous “user” advocate
Work to become an expert in the field of user experience design and people-centered digital products.
Communicate externally and internally
Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content. Communicate the value of these disciplines to clients. Grow to lead client engagements from a UX perspective.
- Mastery of the interactive Development Process - Thorough knowledge and experience planning, documenting and leading interactive projects (Web, Mobile App, Intranet, Web App). Immersed in UX best practices.
- A Designer’s Eye – Must be able to translate complex concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes or prototypes. This is a strongly creative position.
- Passion – Strong affinity for the digital lifestyle and zealous drive to make interactive technology better for real people.
- Software Skills - Strong proficiency/expertise in:
- React Framework
- Interactive Prototyping Tools
Desired Soft Skills:
- Client Interaction - An outgoing personality and ability to interact excellently with clients.
- Detail-oriented - You must be highly organized to be an excellent Information Architect.
- Creativity - Possess problem-solving skills, an investigative mentality and a proactive nature.
- Independence - The ability to make things happen with limited direction. Excellent proactive attitude, take-charge personality and “can-do” demeanor.
- Stewardship - Be committed to delivering solutions on time and within budget.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Strongly familiar with standard coding languages for interactive products (E.g., HTML/CSS, PHP, ASP.NET and CMS products). Ability to code is a plus but not required.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth