Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Director II, Finance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD551796
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world.
The Tech Finance team performs a critical role in supporting the Global Technology teams in managing their spend and supporting their performance improvement by aligning spend with overall Strategy. They will also help drive the transformation into agile ways of working changing processes into more dynamic ways of budgeting. The Sr. Director Tech Finance will support Senior Tech leaders in achieving near-term and long-term objectives. This role will work side-by-side with senior leadership. This role will be highly visible to executive leadership within Global Technology and Corporate finance and report directly to the Vice President of Tech Finance.
- Provide strategic financial planning advice to multiple pillars within the Global Technology organization
- Provide leadership support to the development of the annual operating and capital expenditure plans
- Making recommendations on current business processes across Technology Finance to drive efficiencies as well as ensuring sufficient controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets
- Working with cross functional teams to align opportunities for improvement
- Analyzing and reporting cost driver data across multiple pillars within Global Technology
- Managing multiple projects at one time and actively collaborating with internal/external stakeholders
- Drive/support/contribute to Global Technology initiatives and projects through PMO processes and business cases
- Understanding and recommending financial systems and tools
- Staying updated and connected with the Technology industry
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Manages financial planning and budgeting process by reviewing initial targets established by business leadership; identifying risks and opportunities associated with meeting targets based on operational realities; working with and advising leadership on the establishment of plans to mitigate risks and overcome challenges; reviewing operating and capital plans using business intelligence, prior-year activity, and operational plan information; vetting updated budget versions to ensure final meets corporate guidelines and supports shareholder interests; and regularly reviewing actual performance to plan, identifying gaps, updating forecasts, and recommending actions to course correct performance.
- Conducts long-range financial planning and analysis by developing financial plans for business strategies that support strategic plans; developing strategies with business partners to achieve corporate objectives; communicating planning assumptions; presenting results to Corporate Finance Department and business unit leaders; and identifying risks, opportunities, and strategic initiatives.
- Identifies broad business improvements and recommends them to executive leadership by analyzing new ideas and opportunities through business intelligence and market analysis; executing post-audit analyses to improve decision making; supporting Customer Experience personnel in shaping vision and strategies; analyzing ideas, developing tests, and guiding decision making; assisting in project implementation; and enforcing disciplined financial analysis methodologies.
- Experience across FP&A, process design, process mapping and process improvement
- Strong preference for demonstrated experience in supporting the Technology function in large technology organizations
- Ability to understand and navigate large organizations and business functions
- Track record of delivering high-impact and measurable results
- Excellent management, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Leading & inspiring teams
- Demonstrates executive presence
- Strategic and pragmatic with the ability to carry an idea through execution
- Self-motivated with high standards
- Advanced financial modeling skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Finance, Accounting, or Business degree preferred
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 7 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 9 years’ experience
i n accounting, finance, or related area.
4 years’ supervisory experience.
4 years’ experience leading and completing cross-functional projects
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Strategic Planning, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organizationMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...8TH AND J STREETS, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth