Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer – Frontend & Full Stack
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD545398
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ad requests every month with our high-performance ad servers. We build smart data systems that ingest, model, analyze and optimize the massive flow of data from online and store user activity and transactions. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms on this data. Above all, we are laser focused on delivering experiences that our customers and advertisers love.
Senior Software Engineer – Frontend & Full Stack
In this role, you will:
- Develop highly usable self-service advertiser facing frontend applications
- Develop the next generation of Ad Products that serve on any of our platforms, on- and off property, online and in-store
- Develop tools for enhanced trafficking, automation, and Creative previews
- Collaborate with and execute major cross-platform executions as a team, or independently when needed
- Document knowledge and processes specific to your work
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with numerous internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of new and upcoming products.
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle and write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working in large scale enterprise software development environments
- 5+ years of Front-End engineering experience with Web-based frameworks and languages including React.JS and Typescript
- 2+ years of experience in using performance, analytics and UX tools
- Proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling, RxJS, observables, and Redux.
- Experience in automated frontend testing.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving and strong analytical skills required
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Strong creative, collaboration and communication skills
Nice to have:
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- A passion for creative technology and new media capabilities for advertising
- Strong working knowledge with one or more Internet ad management or targeted marketing applications (e.g., GAM/DFP, Facebook AN, FreeWheel etc.)
- Experience with Ad serving technology, self-serve ad tech platforms (Facebook, Adwords, etc) is a bonus
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth