Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Dental Assistant - Walmart Health
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD540252
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Assists dental providers in delivering care to patients; performing chair-side procedures according to applicable scope-of-practice laws and regulations (for example, restorative, crown and bridge, extractions, root canal therapy, and orthodontics); performing lab procedures (for example, taking impressions, creating and trimming models, in-office milling, temporary crown fabrication, denture and partial denture polishing), and taking diagnostic patient x-rays.
- Prepares exam rooms by cleaning and preparing operatory per OSHA and CDC guidelines prior to patient appointments (for example, sterilizing instruments, ensuring necessary equipment is ready); assisting dentists during procedures by handing instruments and anticipating dentists' needs throughout the appointment.
- Updates and maintains patient dental records; handling general clinic administrative work; maintaining operatories and the dental office.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Completion of accredited training program or national DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) and Arkansas Radiography Permit.
Current Basic Life Support cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
2 years’ experience as Dental Assistant
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) Expanded Function Permits
Primary Location...8331 S STEWART AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60620-1728, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth