Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer - Customer Care Self-Service
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD537647
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We’re looking for a Senior software engineer to build chatbots and phone automation solutions for Walmart Ecommerce. We are laser-focused on increasing the functional efficacy of our Customer self-service options and expanding our reach, to get customers the help they need as quickly and easily as possible. You will be an integral part of a high-impact team.
Our engineers are experts in OO and Functional development, stream processing, distributed systems, and SRE. We leverage these skills and shared vision to reliably provide tailored experiences to millions of customers each month.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Demonstrate success owning features or projects start to finish
- Have strong experience developing software in a team setting
- Have experience or interest in functional programming
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental distributed programming principles
- Have an owner’s mindset and operational expertise at scale
- Contribute to a continuous learning environment
- Make data-driven decisions where possible and demonstrate good judgement
- Have respect and empathy for team members
- Debate ideas with rigor, humility, and a desire to understand
You’ll make an impact by…
- Delivering quality software in a team setting that is observable, testable, extensible, and legible
- Improving our codebase, practices, and processes
- Participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements and translating requirements into technical solutions
- Exploring new technologies and collaborations with internal and external development teams
- Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams
- Troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes, enhancing designs to prevent re-occurrences of defects, ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs
- Utilizing industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth