Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Technical Program Management, WMC
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD536927
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a part of the Core Services Retail and Emerging Tech Program Management team you will be working on some of our top initiatives, leading delivery across multiple agile teams across the organization.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are able to be both visionary and execute your vision
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
- You enjoy working across organizations with a sense of ownership for the whole.
- You’re excited about running an efficient operation delivering both quality & quantity
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading team discussions, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clear.
- You can de-risk complex initiatives into simpler clear next 3-5 steps.
- You can create early wins for the teams.
- Respected by Technical Peers.
- Partnering, Communicating, and influencing across teams
- Get the right “stuff” done at the right time
- Bite Sized Delivery grounded in Agile Principles
- Logical and Data Based Decision Making
- Sets high quality standards and outcomes
- Implements structured frameworks for delivering work while empowering the team
- Constructively drives for improvement over time
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer privacy is at the forefront of all we do
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis – we aim to be best in class.
- Partnering with various stakeholders across the organization.
- Developing and implementing process and tools – you will manage the establishment of a new way of managing product imagery at Walmart.
- Defining vision and strategies for product content creation at Walmart, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying opportunities, building business cases, and gaining alignment in multiple internal and external stakeholder communities.
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing implementation milestones, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- Developing & Leading associates across multiple geographic locations.
- Being Decisive regarding expanding or shutting parts of the imagery operation based on business need and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus or equivalent in experience!
- 6+ years in TPM
- Previous Engineering/Tech Role a big Plus!
- Two year of successful execution in a matrixed organization.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth