Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Treasury
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD529796
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the team:
The Global Treasury Team is responsible for efficient cash management throughout Walmart operating, sourcing and holding entities globally. On an average day, they mobilize >$1B, funding routine business operations and ensuring access to capital to enable Walmart’s growth and strategic initiatives. The team is accountable for ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect Walmart’s assets, invest excess cash for maximum returns and minimize cost of borrowing.
About the job:
The Senior Manager I and team lead will oversee forecasting of daily cash needs, mobilization of cash daily to cover business needs and determine how to solve for cash shortfalls or manage excess cash. Longer-term duties include developing Walmart’s global cash funding and cash repatriation strategies. As Walmart grows and expands into new business ventures, this role will be key to developing cash management solutions.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Directing cash forecasting by determining the daily cash position; analyzing trends in forecasts; adjusting forecasts over time; monitoring variances and explaining changes; and influencing interest expense forecast models.
- Driving strategies and initiatives to optimize cash for operations by providing expertise to in country cash operations teams and ensuring cash procedures support overall company initiatives.
- Creating and communicating strategies to mitigate enterprise risk.
- Overseeing and approving cash forecasting process, tools, and results for stores and clubs; and benchmarking and identifying best practices for cash operations in stores and clubs.
- Overseeing daily cash management to ensure liquidity needs are met by overseeing cash concentration process; monitoring internal controls for cash management ; monitoring bank ratings; reviewing balances and investigating unusual items; and developing new reporting in the treasury management software.
- Overseeing expense reduction for operations cash management by negotiating pricing with financial institutions; identifying, negotiating contracts, and overseeing relationships with cash management hardware and software companies; and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive operational initiatives to increase efficiencies and reduce expenses.
- Providing senior Management with financial information by designing presentations for senior Management to deliver at industry forums; and developing information to assist with payment acceptance decisions.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities.
- Removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- have cash or working capital forecasting expertise
- have experience implementing or utilizing treasury management systems / software
- have experience in global cash management for a corporation (possess appreciation for differing regulatory requirements, tax considerations, navigating bank relationships)
- carry a Certified Treasury Professional certification
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field and 3 years’ experience in financial services, retail analytics, retail finance, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in financial services, retail analytics, retail finance, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth