Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Advanced Analytics - Associate Director, Marketing Analytics – Channel Efficacy Analytics
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD528620
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As the Associate Director, Marketing Analytics – Channel Efficacy Analytics, you will lead the development of world-class analytics for our media channels, partnerships and the new “content-to-commerce” initiative. Embedded in the marketing analytics team, you will support Walmart’s entry into livestream commerce platforms, as well as help with the evaluation and strategy for our existing media channels and marketing partnerships. You will provide holistic view of performance for all marketing channels by leveraging state of the art analytics tools and will be responsible for partnering with marketing leadership in identifying areas of opportunity to drive revenue and profit through data-driven best practices. This role is highly visible since it must work cross functionally with the Marketing, Product, Engineering and Analytics teams to support new priority initiatives. With the size and scale of marketing at Walmart this position will have an opportunity to make a significant impact.
- Lead analyses and insights to create a data-driven strategy to evaluate livestream commerce platforms for the organization.
- Partner with the Livestream Commerce Strategy Director to define success metrics and areas of opportunity for growth and efficiency.
- Develop world-class analytics tools and insights to optimize investment and strategy across all of Walmart’s media and commerce channels.
- Work with our measurement team to leverage advanced analytics techniques such as multi-touch attribution, channel optimizers, experimentation, etc. with the goal of helping the performance marketing, content commerce and livestream commerce teams understand the best way to drive incremental sales.
- Prove the efficacy of new channels and partnerships by utilizing best practices within media measurement and web analytics.
- Apply customer analytics to understand how Walmart’s customers engage and shop new and existing channels.
- Identify and provide both tactical ad hoc insights and a strategic ongoing roadmap of deep analytics for key stakeholders.
- Integrate disparate data sources and leverage state-of-the-art analytics best practices to deliver integrated actionable insights to partners and senior leadership.
- Partner with the Marketing Data Enablement team to define data architecture, in-house tool requirements and ensure complete tagging and tracking of assets and campaigns.
- Develop tools and lead training that enable Marketers partners to adopt an analytical mindset for their daily business decisions.
- BA/BS in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience structuring and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources
- 10+ years of experience in data analysis
- 6+ years of experience in Digital Analytics, Digital Marketing Analytics or Product Analytics
- 5+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing partner teams
- Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker) to blend data from multiple sources to help answer multi-dimensional business questions
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills and ability to synthesize findings into tangible actions that help drive business outcomes.
- A self-starter with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and lead complex projects with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Outstanding communication skills to explain technical material to a range of audiences and ‘tell a story’ that provides insight into the business.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 4 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 6 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth