Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Marketing Planning and Strategy, eComm - Business Operations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD528596
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Partner with VP of Performance Marketing and other leaders in the Marketing organization to define and implement the framework to operate and measure the Walmart business from a Marketing perspective
- Set Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for the Performance Marketing organization
- Review performance by Category, efficiency of Marketing Channels, and performance of the Website/App and Stores and communicate key performance insights to leadership
- Lead media investment scenarios through advanced analytics techniques such as multi-touch attribution, marginal ROAS, experimentation, etc. with the goal of helping the Marketing teams understand the best way to drive incremental sales
- Lead the continued transition of our analytics and insights from “ecommerce focused” to omni-channel oriented
- Represent Marketing in key operational meetings across the company with a perspective on marketing performance and capability to drive the business
- Co-ordinate with internal marketing leaders on actionable outcomes from cross functional meetings
- Drive action-oriented Marketing Business Reviews that socialize insights and drive actionable outputs
- Keep marketing functions accountable to goals and committed actions
- Drive understanding of customer journeys, customer segment behaviors, channel efficiency and cross channel attribution
- Partner with VP of Marketing Analytics to ensure that data and analytical needs of the Marketing organizations are prioritized and delivered in a timely manner
- Perform ad-hoc marketing analysis required at any point of time
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of experience in business operations or data analysis
- 6+ years of experience in Media Performance, Marketing Analytics, or Digital Analytics,
- 5+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing Marketing, Finance, Business Operations and Engineering
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills and ability to synthesize findings into tangible actions that help drive business outcomes.
- Rock solid foundation in data analytics, dashboard design, an uncanny ability to use data to drive insights, and the ability to synthesize multiple disparate data points into a clear recommendations and actions
- Experience and ability to drive design and operation of forecasting models to manage the business
- Deep understanding of eCommerce marketing and the key media channels of Search, Display, and Affiliates
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and lead complex projects with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Outstanding communication skills to explain complex business problems to a range of audiences and ‘tell a story’ that provides insight into the business.
- A self-starter with a sense of ownership and accountability
- You embrace tackling complex problems with a high degree of ambiguity.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth