Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Advanced Analytics Specialist II - Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD527193
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Measurement Insight and Analysis Specialist II, you will be part of a strategic and fast-growing team for Walmart Connect. You will be responsible for supporting strategic analysis of omni-channel campaigns of some of the largest advertisers in the world. Leveraging your capacity to use tools like Tableau and SQL, you will derive both tactical and strategic insights and communicate them.
- The Advanced Analytics Specialist II will assist in managing the interpretation, analytics reporting, and analysis for key insights & performance recommendations with Walmart advertisers.
- From strategy, planning, and campaign completion, the Advanced Analytics Specialist II will assist in delivering clarity to advertisers who are seeking causal insights and measurement impact.
- Specialist II will create and deliver client-facing analysis, including calls and in-person presentations.
- The Specialist II will assist in performing hands-on analysis and conduct in-depth investigations with the team, execute end-to-end measurement projects, and make actionable recommendations to the business.
- Data-Driven Best Practices, Recommendations, & Guidance, and Drive Future Actions with the clients are just a few of the many impactful deliverables.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to scale data and measurement solutions.
- Contribute with building measurement/analytics tools and platforms reflect the best and most appropriate solutions available.
- BS degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, business administration, marketing).
- 2+ years of experience in integrated marketing strategy & analytics and measurement, and multiple priorities & milestones.
- Project management experience in dealing with a high volume of reporting/analyses requests.
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL, R) and in visualization (Tableau, Datorama).
- Experience in omnichannel marketing, attribution and ROI measurement, including performance and awareness of online advertising.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively and be a self-starter.
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
- Demonstrated ability to speak to technical topics and metrics in an understandable manner.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience with media and marketing measurement, analytics, and reporting within an advertising agency/consulting.
- Experience with online advertising, targeting, and measurement systems and methodologies (Ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, etc.).
- Well versed in Advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions and programmatic ad buying platform.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction.
- Experience with project management platforms like JIRA.
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation and statistical concepts.
- Experience in developing and presenting strategic, action-oriented recommendations from complex analytics efficiently and engagingly to an executive audience.
- Experience with relationship building/management with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Product, and Engineering.
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. At Walmart Connect (the digital advertising arm of Walmart), our mission is to create ads that customers love and drive accountable advertising for suppliers and advertisers. We are dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field OR 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Analytics in retail operations, Retail math (for example, calculate margin, inventory turn, average price)
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth