Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Business Analysis and Insights
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD525808
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages processes across different areas of the business to ensure efficiency and compliance by establishing timelines, workflows, and requirements; supporting and developing training; creating, verifying, and distributing necessary documentation for reviewing results; managing and verifying functionality of key process and controls; and loading appropriate information.
- Provides data-driven analysis and insights to help support business strategies by evaluating ongoing analytical needs; reporting data-based insights in a uniform manner; reporting on business strategies; collaborating with internal and external business partners to build a consistent and accurate strategy for using data-driven insights.
- Develops business strategies by recommending initiatives based on data; implementing processes based on recommended strategies; partnering with internal and external stakeholders to execute strategies; reassessing strategies to adjust to feedback and meet results; building relationships with stakeholders to support strategic growth plans; and creating summaries identifying past, current, and future business plans and objectives.
- Ensures business needs are met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community events.
- Demonstrates and applies up-to-date expertise in business analysis to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Develops and drives business opportunities by identifying program and project opportunities; determining program and project feasibility through data analysis; assessing the financial and physical performance of each program; and driving strategies with cross-functional teams.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Envisaging, designing, and supporting implementation of multiple Business Use Cases through Walmart’s Sourcing & Procurement Insights Engine. Add value across various sourcing areas by developing Big Data driven strategies to provide market specific features, processes, and controls around sourcing; overseeing the development of self-serve Omnichannel Sourcing analytics dashboards with metrics to track sourcing process improvements and opportunities across the globe.
- Integrating various qualitative and quantitative data elements into a cloud hosted data fabric, with the ultimate objective of helping Walmart source the Best Quality at the Best Cost, from ‘Best in Class’ global suppliers by building an Intelligent Supplier Assessment algorithm that can access above metrics on demand and make real time recommendations. Works with cross functional teams across international markets and time zones to drive consensus on weights assigned to the qualitative and quantitative metrics referenced above and drive change management and adoption of these metrics by driving changes to old processes and integrating new data-driven ways of working.
- Designing, developing, and deploying Machine Learning based features that directly impact and lower the cost of goods. Identifies strategies and creates/develops a technology platform/program/model which would allow Walmart to exercise its considerable scale and buying power in purchasing approximate ingredient shares of food items and “create” a lower cost private label option to the general consumer market.
- Establishing trust and communicating effectively with international markets to ensure understanding of sourcing process improvements by conducting discussions with market teams to understand accountability and training needs; overseeing the development of training on continuous improvement efforts based on market specific gaps; and evaluating the effectiveness of training.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Knowledge of analytics skills like SQL, HANA, Python, R Open source statistical package, Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Hands on Project Management skills like Roadmap creation, Process Mapping, Process Improvement.
- Six Sigma certification or Project Management certification.
- Retail Sourcing domain experience, Logistics industry knowledge and Supply Chain know-how to help succeed in this complex, multifunctional role.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 3 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or
related area OR 5 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
2 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Statistical Programming Language, Supervisory, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth