Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) DIRECTOR, SUSTAINABILITY & RENEWABLES
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD525296
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you passionate about sustainability and the renewable energy markets? Are you looking for the opportunity to drive significant and lasting improvements in environmental and social outcomes? We would love to hear from you! Together, we have an opportunity to shape the future.
Since the first Walmart store opened in 1962 in Rogers, Arkansas, we've been dedicated to make a difference in the lives of our customers by helping customers and communities save money and live better. This rich heritage defines who we are and what we do today.
Recently, Walmart announced our goal to become a Regenerative company with ambitious Zero Emission targets aiming to decarbonize Walmart’s global operations – that works to restore, renew, and preserve our planet.
Walmart U.S. Operations is leading the process to accelerate our Sustainability and Zero Emissions programs and we are building our Renewables and Sustainability organization to support our goals across all our operations, stores, club’s and distribution centers to be powered with 100% Renewable Energy as well as support our Energy Efficiency and Zero Emissions fleet programs. Our operations are aligned to support these goals in an environmentally responsible way because we value the communities where we operate in.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about building sustainable value to customers and communities
- Have proven experience and skillset to identify and implement value opportunities in the renewable energy markets
- Developed and executed strategies to address issues such as renewable energy use, resource conservation, energy efficiency, transportation electrification and electric vehicle infrastructure.
- Actively engaged with industry organizations, developers and policy makers who advance sustainability initiatives at the national, state, and local level.
- Proven experience to lead and develop a talented group of sustainability individuals to achieve desired goals.
As a Director of Renewables and Sustainability, you will be responsible for developing, validating, communicating, implementing, and executing Walmart’s Renewables and Sustainability strategies.
Our ideal candidate pursues sustainability in a way that:
- Creates strategic opportunities by identifying and evaluating renewable energy and energy efficiency projects; analyzing and interpreting the cost-effectiveness of each project; assessing fit between a project and the energy portfolio; reviewing new technologies; preparing and presenting project proposals to executives; negotiating contracts with suppliers or developers and gaining support and approval.
- Serves as the company's liaison to the Renewable Energy markets by keeping abreast of energy market fundamentals, conducting impact analyses on stores, clubs, distribution centers, data centers and home office by offering informed opinions to all areas of the company. Develops, maintains, and manages relationships with energy and emissions suppliers, brokers, and key individuals within these organizations; networking on a regular basis; identifying new technologies; and negotiating new and innovative Renewable Energy structures and financial instruments at favorable terms.
- Directs execution of multiple business plans and projects related to the implementation of renewable power & energy efficiency projects by reviewing out-to-bid readiness, close-out documents, prototype updates, renewable energy contracts in context with Walmart’s overall energy procuring strategy; coordinating projects between internal and external business units; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; identifying performance standards; approving and managing budgets; and engaging in public relations activities with neighbors, municipalities, public officials, and neighborhood organizations.
- Develop business plans for the electric vehicle (EV) and Zero Emission fleet conversion areas, including electrification infrastructure development as well as other / new zero emission technologies by leading the creation and development of new propositions in this space. Manage existing and new contracts and participate in negotiations with EV OEM’s, EVSE developers as well as Walmart internal stakeholders. Participate in key discussions with developers, utilities and local authorities to drive the implementation and deployment of EV power and data infrastructure, build relationships with partners in other business divisions including real estate, operations, supply chain, corporate sustainability, external relations, communications, marketing and information systems.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; developing and managing strategic partnerships and joint product development initiatives; providing detailed initiative development input to new and existing suppliers; meeting with potential partners and evaluating new / untapped opportunities; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving process and systems’ efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related field and 5 years’ experience in environmental services, consulting, engineering, operations, sustainability, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in environmental services, consulting, engineering, operations, sustainability, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Sustainability - EnvironmentalBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Engineering General
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth