Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Vertical Brand Manager, Marketing Planning And Strategy - eComm - Walmart Connect - Consumables
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD524159
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Connect (WMC) is looking for an experienced data-driven strategist, storyteller and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence across Household Chemicals, Paper, Baby, Pets accounts.
As the lead strategist, you will be an expert resource for the category, leading it by leveraging omnichannel insights to create marketing and media strategies that drive growth for Walmart Connect’s brand partners through go-to-market strategic recommendations, sales enablement playbooks, and marketing collateral.
This position sits under WMC Marketing and reports to the Director of Vertical Brand Strategy.
Ideal candidate profile:
We’re looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic, people-oriented folks who are excited to solve business challenges in creative and agile ways.
The ideal candidate has a proactive and consultative approach, brings deep industry and category experience, is highly analytical and exceptionally articulate in crafting insights-driven strategies. They are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Become WMC’s master strategist, empowering WMC Sales to drive internal and external partnerships and growth for Household Chemicals, Paper, Baby, Pets accounts by:
- Developing insights-driven and trends-based category deep dives and strategic recommendations that uncover opportunities for brands to connect with Walmart customers and grow through WMC’s omnichannel media and integrated marketing solutions: always-on (Walmart.com/app), always-in (Walmart stores) and pulse (seasonals and category moments)—specifically to enable Household Chemicals, Paper, Baby, Pets partnerships. These are actions-oriented and directly linked to WMC’s media and omni marketing solutions.
- This includes sourcing intelligence to create category deep dives and strategic recommendations, media strategy playbooks, marketing collateral, etc.
- It also involves supporting JBPs, QBRs, Top-to-tops, Immersion Days, “One Walmart” sessions, and ad hoc requests for sizeable pitches.
Producing best-in-class case studies that bring WMC’s solutions, and media and marketing activations to life through a strong insights-driven and customer-centric narrative, for pre-sales support and external marketing.
- Drive a “One Walmart” go-to-market approach by proactively leading partnerships with enterprise and WMC cross-functional stakeholders, to align WMC’s recommendations for suppliers with Walmart’s merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with centers of excellence to mine and produce intelligence, as well as with the rest of the WMC Marketing team to drive omnichannel solutions, and support brand marketing and external communications.
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
- Demonstrate a spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and highly driven.
- Have an eye for detail and a mind for strategy.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role. MBA or advanced-level academic degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience working cross-functionally in brand or performance marketing, strategic planning, or digital advertising or media.
- Relevant agency, media or brand-side Household Chemicals, Paper, Baby, Pets category experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by data and articulate in connecting insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity—that have a compelling story arc and narrative.
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Retail/e-commerce experience.
About Vertical Brand Strategy
At WMC, Vertical Brand Strategy leverages data and insights on customers, categories, trends, etc. to create actions-oriented sales enablement strategies that articulate how our client and agency partners can better connect with customers, to grow their business and drive results at Walmart through WMC media and marketing solutions.
Vertical Brand Strategy is focused on driving partnerships and investment in WMC.
About Walmart Connect
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted, effective and accountable and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year's experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.MarketingMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth