Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager II, Tax (Income Tax)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD506905
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages federal and state tax returns, forms, and reporting of operations by gathering financial data from business departments and divisions; analyzing and incorporating data into returns; reviewing work papers and supporting schedules; and leveraging professional tax software to process financial and tax data.
- Supports tax accounting and reporting by reviewing year end provision calculations; analyzing deferred tax assets and liabilities; and assisting with SOX 404 documentation for tax accounting controls.
- Partners with tax controversy team by managing tax notices and recommending resolutions to issues within established timelines; reviewing and responding to information requisitions; reviewing data and reports to support state audit projects; and escalating potential exposure items to senior management.
- Ensures compliance with tax laws and regulations by keeping current on changes in tax law; researching and providing analysis on impacts of federal legislative matters; and identifying and developing needed system or process changes to remain compliant with tax laws.
- Supports tax department training and development initiatives by conducting team training sessions; providing insights for and mentoring and developing team members; delegating work appropriately to team; and developing and presenting best practices.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, and supports initiatives to meet business needs.
- Influences tax compliance transformation by identifying and implementing tools that allow for continuous improvement and efficiency; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Demonstrating solid understanding of federal and state income tax laws.
- Actively developing junior associates.
- Harnessing the power of MS Office, tax and accounting software, and data analytics tools.
- Communicating clearly and concisely across all levels.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You operate with a high level of professionalism, integrity, and collaboration.
- You anticipate and raise issues, solve problems, and recommend solutions.
- You think cross-functionally and communicate impacts through a matrix organization.
- You thrive in an agile environment and can handle multiple tasks within tight timelines.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field and 2 years’ experience in accounting, finance, income tax
compliance, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in accounting, finance, income tax compliance, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, License to practice law in at least one state, Supervisory experienceJ.D., Masters: Accounting, Masters: Business, Masters: Economics, Masters: Finance, Masters: LawCertified Public Accountant (CPA) - Certificate
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth