Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager I, Tax (State Income Tax Strategy & Compliance)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD505783
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Supports Walmart’s domestic income tax compliance function, with primary focus on state and local income tax compliance, including: preparation and/or review of medium- complexity state and local income/franchise tax returns and processing through professional tax software; researches and analyzes state return positions, including filing methodologies, tax base computations, state modifications, and multistate income apportionment; participates in state income apportionment workstream; supports quarterly state income tax estimated payment and annual extension processes; resolves incoming state/local income/franchise tax notices and other inquiries from state and local taxing authorities within established timelines.
- Prepares quarterly and annual state and local income tax provision process and monthly General Ledger account reconciliations, leveraging SAP and OneSource Tax Provision software. Assists in annual return-to-accrual process.
- Supports state income tax controversy and legal teams on state income tax audits and/or protests, aiding in data/documentation collection and responses to requests.
- Conducts and/or manages multistate income tax technical research, analyses, documentation and quantitative modeling of state income tax return positions in coordination with state team members and state income tax controversy team; supports state income tax planning projects aligned with strategic business initiatives; demonstrates working knowledge and understanding of basic to complex multistate and local income and/or franchise tax concepts and ability to discuss multistate tax issues with business teams; keeps informed of current multistate income tax developments and effectively applies tax knowledge; develops and models scenarios and alternatives to determine financial and multistate income tax impact on current and future periods; participates/supports advice shared with internal and external business partners.
- Participates in business process improvement initiatives intended to drive efficiencies in tax operations, while maintaining controls and mitigating risk, by leveraging technology and partnering with cross-functional partners to ideate, co-develop and implement strategies for improvement.
- Supports/facilitates department training, associate development, and mentoring initiatives by assisting in mentoring and developing team members.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, diversity awareness and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1 year’s experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related
area OR 3 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, License to practice law in at least one state, SupervisoryJ.D., Masters: Accounting, Masters: Business, Masters: Economics, Masters: Finance, Masters: LawCertified Public Accountant (CPA) - Certificate
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth