Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Audit, Global Forensic Audit
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD502131
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Plays an integral role in the execution of a multi-year global forensic audit strategy for Walmart.
- Conducts forensic audits, participates in complex financial integrity investigations, assists financial audits and operational process audits by identifying fraud risks and related controls, in addition to relevant accounting and financial risks.
- Assists in developing anti-fraud solutions, involving advanced data analytics tools. Collaborates closely with the Audit Data Analytics team to help develop anti-fraud solutions
- Develops strong relationships with Global Investigations, Ethics & Compliance, and Legal Investigations. Effectively shares information between Global Audit and its stakeholders as it relates to fraud investigations and related risks.
- Acts as a fraud subject matter expert for Global Audit.
- Works in a project setting and collaborates with a global team of high performing individuals across various business functions.
- Develops and plans corporate, divisional, and functional audits by assigning and managing audit steps; documenting audit processes by utilizing narratives and flowcharts; and preparing and analyzing work plans and budgets.
- Performs audits involving high-risk allegations of irregularity, fraud, corruption, and/or other violations by developing and executing testing procedures; identifying and documenting control deficiencies or weaknesses; partnering with key stakeholders, including legal, ethics, global investigations, and compliance, to investigate irregularities and allegations that have been made; reviewing data for patterns and anomalies and conducting electronic review of information; developing questions for, conducting, and summarizing interviews with identified parties; and providing updates to key stakeholders on the progress of projects.
- Communicates the results of investigations and audits, including control deficiencies or weaknesses, fraud matters, root causes, and recommendations, to various stakeholders by creating executive reports that summarize procedures performed and findings from investigations and audits; supplementing legal reports with findings from investigations and audits; and tailoring reports to include relevant project background information, the description of the procedures used in the investigation, summarized interviews, and creation of necessary charts, depending on the requirements of the project.
- Drives efficiencies in the audit process by recognizing automation and integration opportunities; creating common auditing methodologies; responding to critical business situations; and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Assigns and directs audit staff in the validation of control design and effectiveness and identifies process deficiencies by testing performance of controls against Company procedures and/or external regulatory/accounting requirements; evaluating process efficiencies; and performing advanced data and analytical analysis.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Contributes to the understanding of others by presenting forensic accounting and fraud related topics to others including the larger global Audit team; raising forensic related information at formal and informal meetings to a variety of key stakeholders, as well as in one-on-one settings; and serving as a knowledge expert by addressing forensic related questions posed by individuals in Audit or other parts of the global organization
- Networks internally to build and maintain customer relationships with executives and colleagues from across the global organization by targeting high risk business units that need forensic accounting support; and gaining an understanding of their business and how the Audit team can help them.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field. 4 years of experience in corporate investigations, internal audit, or business-related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accounting, Information Technology, Criminal Justice or related field
- 1 year of project management experience
- 2 years of consulting experience in forensic services (“investigations”)
- 1 year of public accounting audit experience
- Financial certification or licensure (for example, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)).
- Spanish or Mandarin language fluency in addition to English language fluency.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years’ experience in internal/external audit, management information systems, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in internal/external audit, management information systems, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Financial Planning and Analysis, Information Technology, Supervising Associates
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth