Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director I, Business Strategy, eComm - Marketplace Strategic Programs
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD498390
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Senior Director role in the US Marketplace business will build the strategy, the execution plan and lead the roll out of capabilities and programs that will transform the seller and customer marketplace experience, and accelerate the US Marketplace growth.
You will be successful if:
· You are a visionary leader that can thrive and lead your team in a fast paced, rapidly growing, highly ambiguous, and challenging environment in the ecommerce space
· You have a deep understanding of what it takes to build an ecommerce marketplace and can leverage industry research & trends to help drive decisions
· You have both the holistic view and the capability to execute to build a strategy, and operationalize the plan
· You can foster collaboration across teams and leverage your expertise in marketplace to drive results
· You are an athlete and have the passion for marketplaces, sellers and customers, to be a champion across the entire Walmart organization
· You are biased for action, relentless about driving and owning the goal and you are motivated by the responsibility of delivering the most crucial capabilities for long term marketplace growth
You will make an impact by:
· Building and leading your team – Hire top talent and build your high performing team that will drive the scale and own the programs that will improve the seller and customer experience. Lead by example, set the right objectives, and heavily invest in your team’s development.
· Developing strategic programs – Gain a deep understanding of the problem and pain points, identify the right solutions that are executable. Build the overarching program leveraging the solutions and the plan to bring those to the sellers and customers. Ensure that the program fits with the overarching Walmart marketplace strategy and organization. Clearly articulate and position the strategy and goals of each program to generate buy in and ensure the capabilities are built accordingly.
· Leading the execution plan – Lead your team in operations and gain cross-functional collaboration at the VP level to ensure the program plan is properly executed, including capability automation, seller adoption, benefit and impact delivery. You will ensure improvements in seller or customer NPS, GMV and revenue growth, Operation efficiencies and cost reduction.
· Driving organizational change – Be passionate about the seller, be seller obsessed, set the example for your team and drive marketplace education that drives ownership across Walmart. The ultimate objective for you is to drive organizational and cultural change at Walmart to ensure Marketplace delivers on its longer-term goals.
· Operating with excellence: Operate at the highest standards. As the leader and owner of the strategic programs that will yield the scalable growth for Marketplace you must make sure that you and your team execute with excellence, are subject matter experts, understand very well the role they play, leverage research and data to make decisions, and are capable of representing marketplace and engaging with leadership across the organization.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Marketplace:
The Walmart Marketplace business is part of Walmart’s ecommerce portfolio and is one of the fastest growing and most profitable business units. The Walmart Marketplace is in its 5th year and has seen tremendous growth in the past year. This growth combined with the industry ecommerce and customer dynamics has made Walmart Marketplace a highly strategic priority for Walmart for the next 5 years. The Marketplace team culture is entrepreneurial, fast paced, relentless, biased for action and highly resilient. The team is on a crucial mission for Walmart to make the Walmart Marketplace the preferred destination for sellers and customers and to leverage our Walmart scale and capabilities to differentiate across the ecommerce industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you will quickly find we are a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you will discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you will be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 6 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading a cross-functional teamMasters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Supply Chain, Masters: Transportation
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth