Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Software Engineer - Android (Store No.8 | Perpetual Inventory)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD495503
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
This team within Store Nº8 is helping us understand everything we can about our inventory, in real-time – both what it is and where it is so we are always in-stock and able to deliver on customer needs.
About the Role
As a Staff Mobile Engineer for one of our Store Nº8’s portfolio companies, you will report directly to the Head of Engineering and work in a small team of engineers, providing direction and leadership for products that will transform the future of retail shopping. This role requires you to have solid mobile engineering skills. Specialization in mobile cameras, camera integrations, or video processing on mobile phones is essential. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will leverage your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers before they walk in the door. You’ll be pioneering technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Staff Mobile Engineer role within the Store Nº8 portfolio could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
The preferred work locations for this opportunity are Bentonville, AR; Hoboken, NJ; and, Dallas, TX. Remote work is possible for U.S. only.
What You’ll Do
- Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and will have a significant opportunity to make an impact by prototyping next-generation online and in-store inventory experiences
- Lead discovery phases to come up with high-level designs, partnering with product management to forecast business and operational issues (impact, criticality, root cause)
- Design, prototype and build new and innovative experiences that leverage the capabilities of computer vision on mobile.
- Develop innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading with internal technical teams and partnering with cross-functional teams; developing assessments of key opportunities, documenting, communicating with, and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years’ experience in android development; 6+ years’ overall agile software development, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Computer Vision, AR/VR, video processing, or image processing.
- Java, Kotlin, C++, and Python
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks/libraries: Camera X, Camera 2 API, TensorFlow Lite, OpenCV, FFMpeg
- Experience with pushing mobile hardware to the limits.
- Experience working in small teams/incubators
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth