Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Technician I, Skilled Facilities Maintenance - Portland, Decatur, Huntington, Bluffton, IN
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD494173
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by following established preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures; observing and documenting signs of wear and tear; and documenting preventive maintenance activities.
- Performs minor repairs on facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment); inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues; dismantling equipment, machines, or facilities to access and remove defective parts; diagnose problems utilizing blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary; utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, and other equipment; providing prompt response to emergency calls; and documenting repair activities.
- Manages work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders, maintenance logs); requesting parts for maintenance or repair work; recording parts usage; conducting price comparison of parts and travel related costs; submitting warranty claims; complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines; ensuring quality work is completed that complies with federal, state, and local regulations and codes; unloading and storing equipment; and transporting equipment between facilities.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. Valid Driver's License. Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth