Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Business Operations Manager II - Walmart Fulfillment Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD494041
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Walmart US eCommerce Fulfillment Services team builds products that allow Marketplace sellers to easily provide fast, affordable delivery options to Walmart's customers. In this role, you’ll collaborate with Fulfillment Operations, Product, Account Management, Finance and Analytics teams to set the vision for and build solutions for sellers. Obsessing over optimization and reducing friction throughout our operations is at the heart of this role.
The Business Operations team part of Walmart Fulfillment Services facilitates making our vision a reality by identifying and executing on the most important cross-functional initiatives. As a Business Operations Manager, you will help scale the business by helping make fact-based decisions and increase operational efficiencies while building good processes that support our growth. This is a fully Remote based role.
- Partners with supply chain transportation to provide strategy direction of carrier capacity needs based on sales volume and zip code order trends using data analytics to drive informed decisions and direction.
- Drive problem resolution and root cause analysis for transportation defects within the operation.
- Develop relationships with key-stakeholders across organization to achieve program needs by influencing others to deliver on Walmart’s customer and marketplace seller promise.
- Develop and own KPI’s.
- Drive inbound receiving performance to SLA – defining gaps and process improvements that feed into operational process changes.
- Perform audits that inform continuous improvement efforts with marketplace sellers using transportation services.
- Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholder under guidance and leverages rational arguments.
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Plans and manages own time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Influence and Communicate: Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with key stakeholders across the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- This role will require up to 30% domestic travel to fulfillment centers
YOU’LL SWEEP US OFF OUR FEET IF:
- You have related experience in Management Consulting, Business Operations, Product Management, Analytics, or related field
- You are a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- You have an attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- You are proficient in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
- You have Supply Chain experience and/or a manufacturing background
- You have an understanding of end-to-end supply chain management (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment)
- You have a strategic mindset with ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- You are analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions, and thirst for continuous improvement
- You have an ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures
- You have demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- You are assertive, adaptable and demonstrate initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- You have strong experience in SQL or other data querying languages
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience in related field
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth