Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Agency Lead (Partnership Director I)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD492139
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier, brands and omni retail customers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when our partners invest in our omni solutions to drive sales and growth; Walmart and our partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect (the ad sales arm for Walmart) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and as a result, is able to provide measurable results for our partners.
Walmart Connect is seeking an experienced Agency Lead to help build and sell Walmart Connect’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion and brand building omni solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
In this role, which reports into the Head of Agency and Ad Tech Partnerships, you will play a key role as a manager leading agency holding company strategies, relationships, growth, and training. You’ll help develop strategic relationships, from the global holding company-level to individual agencies of all types (creative, media, search, shopper, measurement), to ensure that we deliver optimal value to our partners. You will be accountable for driving growth and relationships with key agency partners via strategic alliances, education, client partnering and ideation directly with the Agencies. This position requires extensive knowledge of the changing agency & media landscape, the drive to develop industry-transforming strategies and the ability to build relationships with senior agency management. The ideal candidate has media agency planning experience, a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance, and a proven ability to influence multiple levels of an organization.
- Serve as a liaison between agencies and Walmart to help them develop and build first class programs for brands
- Provide an overview of the Walmart ecosystem, including owned- and operated-Walmart properties and third party partners and services that rely on the Walmart API
- Advise agencies about Ad tech partners, programs and (re)structuring they might consider to increase the knowledge, or improve the performance, of their internal account teams
- Ensure that agencies’ voice, opinions, ideas and feedback are being conveyed back to Walmart and its Marketing and Product teams.
- Provide input to Product Marketing & Product teams about advertiser insights and needs for new products, features and solutions
- Work with Product Marketing and Packaging teams on sales materials development
- Partner with sales to develop agency support plans
- Develop quarterly business reviews, organizing and coordinating agency education initiatives (cross discipline agency days and/or training sessions), fulfilling ad hoc agency request and breaking down obstacles
- Collaborate with all organizations at Walmart Connect, especially sales, to ensure coordinated approach to agency teams, with the goal of driving demand and maximizing revenue growth
- Collaborate with a number of internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, measurement, media, analytics) as needed to meet Strategic Plan requirements and to continuously identify relevant opportunities for your agencies
- Strong Internal communication (written and verbal), ensuring Sales, Sales/Revenue Operations, and other department leaders are well informed
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the industry; act as an ambassador and spokesperson for Walmart Connect in the agency community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners.
- BA/BS degree preferred: Masters degree or equivalent experience a plus
- 10-15 years marketing experience in an agency or media sales function with a focus on ecommerce, retail, search, closed-loop measurement, data specialty
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set
- Strong client-facing skills
- Comfortable with presenting to clients and agencies—in both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Ability to partner within cross-functional teams
- Ability to consult and bring ideas to the table
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is action oriented
- Can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts Is flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity Is driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong PowerPoint and Keynote skills
- Alignment to Walmart’s vision and core values
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a business’s finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor degree in business or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading large teams, Related area
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth